The GPR Surveyor is responsible for Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) surveys, data collection and analysis. The GPR Surveyor will be required to undertake GPR Surveys using multiple techniques whilst maintaining safe working practices. This will be a key role for providing high quality survey data, following surveying processes and specifications with accuracy. The GPR Surveyor will be required to deliver survey outcomes within the specified timescales and budgetary expectations.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety:
- As a GPR Surveyor you will undertake part or parts of the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive):
- Obtain brief from GPR Manager/Assistant Manager prior to each survey to ensure correct and complete survey results are obtained in line with client specifications.
- Display proven GPR experience in the detection of utilities or application of GPR in other fields – such as structural assessment.
- Use experience in the analysis of GPR data on site, along with appropriate software packages to produce required client outputs or data to be added to other Departmental Schemes.
- Understand PAS128 and associated industry guidelines.
- Maintain effective 2 way communication between clients and main contractors.
- Lead and work effectively with Assistant Surveyors.
- Work with other surveyors to provide the GPR Manager with completed survey reports to the required standard, format and output – within the required timescales.
- Liaise with client and other interested parties on the completion of any of the above tasks by telephone, email, or other means as necessary.
- Produce and maintain reports, spreadsheets and databases where necessary to facilitate the above tasks.
- Follow Risk Assessment and Method Statements. Follow Health and Safety reporting guidelines.
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to whilst on site – such as: Health & Safety, NRSWA or CDM etc.
- Problem solving.
- Participate in ‘lessons learned’ and contribute to the improvement of processes.
- You may also be required to undertake duties within other areas of the company as and when required.
- As safety is our number one priority, you are expected to highlight any specific areas under Health and
- Safety where there may be unexpected difficulties such as working conditions or equipment failures etc. to your Line Manager at the earliest opportunity. It is your responsibility to make sure you carry out your work in a safe manner. In no instance should any employee put themselves at risk. If you feel unsure as to any potential health and safety risk, then do not proceed until you have spoken to your Line Manager.
Essential Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of 2 years GPR or relevant experience.
- Experience using GPR post-processing software.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A to C grade, or equivalent, including English.
- Applicants must hold a full Driving Licence permitting driving in the UK as the role will involve travel to various sites and locations.
- CSCS Card is essential.
- Good IT skills including competency in the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Good organisational skills.
- NRSWA Certified.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Experience using GPR post-processing software.
- You will be responsible for the safekeeping of the company vehicle and equipment issued to you to allow you to perform your duties effectively.
- This role may involve night shifts, weekend shift and working away from home.
- Culturally you are expected to set a personal example as a role model and team member, live the company values and always follow company policies.
- Both our vision and mission are underpinned with a clear set of values which are at the heart of everything we do, how we work, and the decisions we make to allow us to achieve our goals.
- Annual leave entitlement increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors Approved Development scheme giving professional ongoing progression and development program with an accredited body.
- Pension Scheme.
- Company funded Private Health Care.
- Company funded Gym Membership.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Paid charitable work day.
- Medicash – Health Care Cash Scheme – also offers retail discounts.
- Salary may be negotiable depending on experience. Paid travel time and overtime apply.
Catsurveys Ltd is an award winning, multi-disciplined company specialising in underground utility detection and feasibility design. We offer intelligent surveying and consultancy services to the infrastructure industry. We are dedicated to providing innovative solutions for our clients’ projects that can’t be found anywhere else.