Responsible to: Directly accountable to and taking direction from the employer and care manager.
Hours: 30 or 40 hour contract's available.
Additional hours may be offered – You will also be required to cover annual leave & sickness of other PA's
Work Pattern: TBC: Evening shift pattern 21.15 to 7.15 to be discussed at interview stage.
Hourly Rate of Pay: £10.00
Based at: Within the employer's own home in Hillingdon, Uxbridge and support will be required to access activities outside of this area
We are looking for care workers with an interest in special educational needs to support two active young men (twins) with autism and learning difficulties. Working under the guidance of a manager, as part of a team, you will be providing support both within their home and in the community.
Your main goal will be to provide support to enable them to achieve what is important to them and improve their quality of life. You will play a key role in: building confidence and self-esteem, encouraging daily living skills, supporting cooking and household duties, administering medication, trips out into the community and having fun. The role also requires support workers to assist with personal care.
We are seeking staff who are flexible, patient, able to listen, have a great sense of humour and passionate about person centred support. You will be professional and committed to ensuring you show dignity and respect in all aspects of the role. Ideally you will have some experience of autism, learning difficulties or diabetes but this is not essential.
Experienced and inexperienced support workers are equally welcome as full training and continuing professional development are provided.
- You will be responsible for the safety of your employers at all times during your working hours.
- Monitor & record medication (completing MAR sheets) and monitor health conditions. Report any concerns to their Mum/care manager straight away. Record keeping, completing daily logs/time sheets and making sure there are good handovers between staff.
- Preparing & administering medication.
- Support with light domestic duties around the home such as washing, ironing, cleaning, changing beds, gardening and shopping with the twins.
- The twins require support with personal care tasks such as: washing, changing clothes, brushing their teeth, toileting/shower (mainly prompts and encouragement).
- Meal/snack preparation. One of the twins follows a strict diet due to their condition therefore carbohydrate counting is to be done/weighing food etc. Supervision at meal times.
- To carry out any other duties or activities connected with the role which the employer may reasonably request.
The post is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check at the employers request prior to commencing employment. This is confidential and at no cost to yourself.
The post carries a 6 month probationary period.
The Rowan Organisation is acting on behalf of a third party and will not be your employer, nor responsible for any actions arising out of your employment.