Responsible for the expertise of all High and Medium Energy electrical engineering projects within the Cargo Division, whilst establishing and maintaining cost effective engineering processes and systems for design and product safety, to maximise efficiency and performance. Supervises electrical engineering running and project costs, ensuring all new products are delivered and achieved on time. Working with R & D to identify and introduce new technologies to raise technical methods and standards for future strategy.
Oversee the planning, control and utilisation of key electrical engineering activities relating to High and Medium Energy across the company
- Ensure implementation of business plan within the Engineering Group.
- Develop new product introduction programs in accordance with the organisation’s objectives and ensure that these are delivered on time and to budget.
- Control of all electrical Engineering changes through the ECR/ECO process.
- Provide accurate time schedules and task breakdowns to the Engineering Project Manager for the electrical engineering scope on projects.
- Ensure that the electrical Engineering Department in Stoke achieves its targets and business development objectives through effective supervision.
- Providing support for commissioning of all cargo equipment in factory and on site.
- Support the R & D group to realise the full potential of new technologies.
- Transition of new products from the design phase into main factory production.
- Provide onsite and organisational support for the Programs Department.
- Contribute to the development of business strategy and plans.
- Maintain awareness of current market, economic and technology trends to maximise opportunities and minimise risk.
- In conjunction with the Engineering management team, contribute to identifying alternative markets and adjacent space opportunities to extend the product portfolio’s market reach.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Strong project and people management skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading an electrical engineering department
- Knowledge of PLC and electrical systems.
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs.
- Willingness to travel with good presentation skills.
Will possess a Technical degree (ideally electrical/electronic engineering)
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.