A fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and largest employers in Essex! Join us as an Apprentice with full training and support from day one!
DST offers a fully paid Apprenticeship leading to Level 2 in 'Investment Operations' and the first paper of the globally recognised IOC qualification! All training is via E -Portfolios/webinar/on the job. No attendance at college is needed and you will be amongst many other current and former Apprentices, so with great support! Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship an internal development scheme awaits you at DST, and with it, the ability to climb the career ladder further!
- Starting salary of £12,500 followed by regular reviews and increases, leading to £16,350 once complete
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- On site canteen
- You will receive training on a variety of processes completed by different business areas to enable you to answer client enquiries
- You will develop professional internal and external relationships
- Within this role you will be trained to have a high level of understanding of client money rules and internal procedures, along with good verbal and written skills, and a high level of attention to detail
- You will gain a great understanding of the different investment products we work with, such as ISA's, Unit Trusts, Investment Trusts and OEIC's
The main functions of the role is to make the relevant updates to the register and respond to customers, IFAs or third parties accordingly. Be able to work within strict guidelines and in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Registration is made up of a number of different processes:
- Anti-money Laundering - To identify the required documents needed to verify clients' identity in accordance with money laundering regulations
- Settlements - Settling deals within regulatory timescales, making payments to the correct location, acceptance of registration documents and the application of coverall agreements and alternative payment mandates
- Client and Agent Maintenance -To identify the required documents/instructions needed in order to make relevant updates to the register
- Estate Maintenance - To identify the required documents needed in order to make relevant updates to the register and provide information to assist the completion of the administration of the estate. To enable the correct issue of distribution payments following the death of the investor
- Legal Documents - To identify the required documents needed in order to make relevant updates to the register for living clients such as powers of attorney and communicating the impact of the updates
- Regular Savings Facility - To identify the required documents needed in order to set up and maintain Regular Saving and Regular Income Plans. Complete the required actions on receipt of direct debit rejections
- Residency - To request and record the tax residency information for both retail and corporate clients
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language
- A strong command of spelling and grammar with good letter-writing skills (particularly for written and email based roles)
- Good general computer skills including basic Word, Excel and email (plus any experience of using an in-house database is a bonus)
- The ability to work to daily/weekly deadlines and follow strict processes
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Above all the desire to learn and an eagerness to begin a career in the financial services sector!