This is a casual position based at FSC Malham Tarn, Nr Settle North Yorkshire. The post holder will help out at the centre on an adhoc basis as and when required but with no obligation to accept hours offered.
Overall Job purpose:
Casual Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the smooth running of catering operations and that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times, whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping and kitchen work, including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and laundry, assisting with food deliveries, making beds and operating vacuum cleaners.
- Assisting with the preparation and service of breakfast, lunches and evening meals for up to 100 residential visitors and staff, and occasional meals for non-residential groups, in accordance with health and hygiene regulations
- Laying up of tables for breakfasts and evening meals for resident groups, and on occasions for lunches
- Service and clearing in the dining area at meal times, cleaning the kitchen and operating the dishwasher
- Preparation of sandwich fillings and packed lunch materials
- Helping with the receiving of deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
- Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene throughout the dining room, kitchen, pantry and other storage areas, based on daily and weekly cleaning rotas
- Routine and additional cleaning or preparation of the learning location for all users: including bedrooms, corridors, public areas, staff areas, classrooms, bathroom, shower and toilet facilities
- Preparation of customer accommodation: including clearing and making up of beds, provision of towels, and restocking of tea/coffee making facilities
- Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your Line Manager
- Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored and laundry/house cupboards are organised and tidy
- Ensuring laundry is completed in a timely manner: working in the laundry, operating machines and pressing (after appropriate training)
- Undertaking a variety of miscellaneous tasks which could include serving in the shop/bar, collecting or delivering people or materials in FSC vehicles, grounds maintenance, assisting with general maintenance and painting around the learning location
Applications will be considered on arrival and interviews arranged accordingly.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone or email.
To apply please visit our website at https://www.field-studies-council.org/vacancies.aspx
- Holidays - 28 day inc bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Friendly Team
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Work wear provided
- Free Parking