We are looking for a confident Personal Tax Manager to join our team in our Edinburgh (Eskbank) office. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and is committed to consistently meeting strict deadlines.
The purpose of this role is to oversee and manage the Personal Tax team and have responsibility over their portfolio. The key aspect of this role includes managing tax compliance work and ad-hoc advisory across the extensive and varied personal tax portfolio for the office in terms of private clients, sole traders, partnerships and trust tax.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are extremely proud of our talented professionals and we are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is very important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas are one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
With over 20 years’ experience and a host of awards for client service, we’ll ensure you’re getting the best guidance from the smartest people in the industry. As the Scottish part of the CogitalGroup we have access to the latest tax technology for our clients to benefit from now, such as our new CoZone digital client portal for personal tax and in the future as changes such as Making Tax Digital for income tax comes into play.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a client portfolio with a high level of client responsibility and overseeing administrator’s portfolio.
- Workflow management across team for own portfolio.
- Dealing with all elements of client service with support from the Partner Group for technical areas.
- Responsible for delivery of quality advice and is capable to deal with ad hoc client issues
- To ensure high levels of communication are maintained with staff, partners and clients; accessing and engaging with the wider tax compliance and advisory team in the Scottish and UK firm will be encouraged.
- Responsible for review of timesheets for the personal tax team, managing and overseeing work in progress and fees across the team’s personal tax client portfolio
- Ensures that their work is in line with the four Group goals and encourages and supports others in this regard in line with the overall people strategy
- Supervises, allocates and reviews work of more junior members of the team in line with the people strategy
- Coaches and mentors more junior members of staff; and supports and provides for their training and development, both formally and informally, in line with the people strategy
- Delegates work as appropriate to the rest of the team.
- Responsibility for carrying out staff annual and interim performance reviews
- Complies with all departmental and Group wide processes
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant previous experience required within professional services. Professional qualifications – CA, ACCA,CTA are an advantage.
- Works both autonomously and as part of a team
- Effective team working skills.
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively.
- Accurate decision making.
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels.
- Good client service skills.
- IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CCH Wolters Kluwer or similar tax system.
What we can offer you?
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Access to and support from a strong regional tax practice comprising experienced tax professionals; one of the largest in Scotland across all taxes.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for flexible working, including location.
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement.
- Excellent working environment.
- Free parking facility.
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme.