We are seeking a Traffic Dispatcher/Controller too effectively manage the day to day organisation of operations of the Depot through the allocation and basic routing/planning/scheduling of vehicles to ensure best in class service delivery to customers, ensuring health & safety standards are maintained, and ensuring environmental and O licence compliance. Supporting employee engagement, continuous improvement in productivity and quality of service provision.
- Day to day management of operational staff in order to achieve best in class service delivery
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Manage driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Perform administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company systems. In addition accurate input of disposal information
- Proactive vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security, monitor vehicle gross weights.
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs eg. Running and analysing Depot reports.
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with the Dispatch office are completed, including time sheets, tachograph records, payroll records, holiday rotas, resolution of QLS.
- In conjunction with the Depot Manager, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
NATURE AND SCOPE
First Choice for Customers:
- Monitor service levels and suggest corrective action where appropriate.
- For unplanned and unscheduled work the controller is required to plan and mobile resources according to customer needs.
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
Easy to do Business With:
- Resolve invoice and service queries on behalf of the customer.
- Manage specific trade waste routes and modes to ensure optimum utilisation and service success for the depot.
- Deputise for the Depot Manager in their absence.
- Supports the achievement of the depot budget, to support optimum performance and financial growth.
- Ensures that all administrative tasks are completed and support the overall financial performance of the depot i.e. disposal entry, fuel usage, acting on QLS and service credits.
- Consider the most efficient disposal option for each route and understands the impact of incorrect or late disposal tickets.
- Ensure core performance metrics are met and where possible exceeded.
Building Pride in Biffa
- Supports the optimisation of resources and reviews the operations to support improve profitability and customer service.
- Promotes positive employee engagement through open communication
- Contributes to the development of the site as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers
- Monitors operational staff performance and suggests corrective action where appropriate.
Working Safely Together
- Maintain adherence to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport).
- Effectively manage all health and safety aspects to ensure that all operational staff have correct PPE / uniform supplied, record accidents, hazards and near misses and ensuring appropriate follow up of actions.
- Maybe required to conduct accident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with transport and environmental legislation, in particular manage and audit driver tachographs.
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that's based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.We're very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think.
At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You'll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.We're committed to helping our people fulfil their potential.
You'll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.