Our client design and develop optical fibre products and units for a range of customers globally. They have a great opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their successful and busy team.
Design Engineer experience in a manufacturing environment
The team provide technical aspects for tenders to customers together with developing and supporting industrialisation of new designs to meet market requirements. The role provides support to product development and material approval projects and having liaison with installation and connectivity engineering.
This position has responsibility for
- Providing the technical aspects for new tenders to Customers (cable designs, datasheets, technical schedules and specification compliance documents).
- Preparation & management of product design information to enable costing & manufacturing, including close liaison with the factories process engineering teams.
- Generation of designs & costs through the Design System
- Generating the cable manufacturing instructions in the SAP business system for orders.
- Providing product technical support to customers and to the Sales/Marketing function.
- Providing engineering support to the process engineers and the quality engineering department on an occasional basis.
- Liaising with customers at all levels on product issues to promote the company and to address queries on cable design, ratings and installation issues.
- Providing support to product development and material approval projects.
- Liaise with installation engineers and connectivity engineers as necessary.
- Provide updates to the Engineering Manager on tasks and projects on a daily and weekly basis, along with formal close out presentations on completed projects.
- Educated preferably up to degree level or similar in a relevant Engineering subject.
- A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, tenacity and capability to work independently on projects or as part of a team.
- Product knowledge including materials and cable manufacturing processes would be advantageous, but suitable training will be provided.
- IT skills in MS Office necessary. Experience with SAP would be advantageous but suitable training will be provided.
- Applicants should be customer and service focussed and able to communicate at all levels, with both technical and non-technical people.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.