Sharp Life Science (EU) Limited is seeking a Software Scripting Engineer to join our team developing the company’s software products on an initial 6 month contract.
- Design and implement algorithms and automation scripts to control the manipulation of droplets on the lab-on-a-chip devices.
- Simulation and live testing of the lab-on-a-chip devices
- Work closely with the team developing fluidic protocols (assays) on the devices to capture requirements
- De-bug the code for real world applications.
- Educated to degree in a computer science, engineering or mathematics discipline
- Experience coding in Python and embedded scripting languages (e.g. IronPython in .NET applications)
- Experience developing algorithms for instrumentation control, computer vision applications or equivalent
- Experience in testing strategies
- The ability to design and conduct software system testing, including automated tests
- Experience with source control (preferably GIT)
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Experience using Azure Development Operations Services (ADOS formally TFS)
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies
- An understanding of the benefits of quality development methods for example Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies
- Experience in development of software products for scientific or medical instrumentation
- Hands-on practical experimental ability and familiarity with standard scientific laboratory techniques and equipment
- Experience of developing software in a regulatory environment and against formal quality standards