Primary Teaching Assistant – Saffron Walden Primary School
Are you considering a career as a Primary Teacher but want to work in a school for an academic year prior to applying for teacher training?
This Primary School based in Saffron Walden in Essex is looking to appoint a graduate committed to training as a primary teacher in the future to join their support team this September.
** Primary Teaching Assistant – Year 3 Class TA with additional KS2 academic support
** Inclusive 2 form-entry Primary School in Saffron Walden – Part of a successful Academy Trust.
** Fixed Term Contract – (September 2019 – July 2020) | Full-time.
** Competitive Daily Pay Rate – (£65 - £75) *Dependant on Experience.
** Opportunity to access multiple teacher training pathway in September 2020.
Primary Teaching Assistant – Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading 1:1 or small group sessions for students focusing on numeracy and literacy.
• Working alongside the SENCO to plan and deliver stimulating intervention sessions designed to raise attainment levels.
• Helping to implement individualised learning strategies in line with agreed Education Healthcare Plans for students with Special Educational Needs.
• Prepare and develop effective resources for intervention sessions.
• Exam revision sessions | Year 6 SATS preparation.
• Track and report on student progress.
• Attend departmental meetings and support the schools needs where necessary, including planning and supervising extra-curriculum activities.
Primary Teaching Assistant – About the School:
• Strong academic background – a 2:1 or First-Class Honours degree and at least a C or above in Maths, English and Science GCSEs
• Confident and enthusiastic personality – the ability to encourage and inspire young learners whilst maintaining professional boundaries and managing behaviour.
• Patient and empathetic outlook, with a genuine passion and drive to positively impact the lives of students you support.
This role Primary Teaching Assistant position will offer the successful candidate fantastic first-hand experience in a nurturing classroom environment. You will develop your abilities as an educator, all the while being supported by a passionate and dedicated leadership team.
If you are excited to help make a difference in the lives of these pupils, apply now! Send your CV and covering letter to Angelo at EduStaff by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful Primary Teaching Assistants will be contacted.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Teaching Personnel Ltd
£57 - 62 per day
more details »
£65 - £75/day CPD courses
more details »