I am an elderly lady and require a PA to enable me to live independently in my home and support me with all personal care and daily tasks.UKCIL Job Reference: 6d83f1b5
JOB TITLEPersonal Assistant
HOURS Various hours available – both regular and back-up hours by negotiation at interview. Mainly daytime and the odd evening, ending at 10pm. I also have funding for waking night sitters between 10 and 7am.
LOCATIONBased in my own home (Leeds 6) Close to Bus stops on routes 49/50/50a/19and19a. Five minutes walk from routes 508/757/33. Ample parking is available close to the house.
PURPOSE OF JOB
I am an elderly lady and require a PA to enable me to live independently in my home and support me with all personal care and daily tasks. My son lives with me 24/7 and is available to assist at most times. I have a nice clean home and a very relaxed environment with the best equipment.
I cannot get up without support and I am unable to stand so I need to be hoisted, my son assists with all hoisting. My PA must be able to support me around the ground floor of my home. I have wheelchairs and the property has ramps for access.
My PA must ensure that I am kept safe, comfortable and well throughout the day, ensuring that I have taken all my medication and eaten my meals.
I require a PA who can provide the assistance I require under my son's or team leader’s direction. My personal assistant must be friendly and reliable.
The person I employ will have an understanding of the need for confidentiality in all areas of work including total respect for my home and family.
My personal assistant must be able to handle the physical skills of lifting, pushing and bending. They do not have to be strong to do this, technique is as important as physical strength. They must be prepared to assist with intimate personal care.
My personal assistant will be directed by and accountable to me, my son/team leader at all times. They will always ask what is required and not make assumptions about any aspect of the assistance I need or how it should be carried out.
The personal assistant will be required to do the following tasks and may be asked to carry out other tasks of a similar nature. My son/team leader I will inform them of which tasks need carrying out on a particular day.
- Support me with all aspects of personal care
- Showering and washing in my shower cubicle
- Work closely with my son and work as a team
- Provide me with stimulation throughout the day
- Meal preparation and encourage me to eat all my meals
- Some light household duties whilst or if I sleep during the day
- Provide care in accordance with the support plan
- Any other request that I may reasonably make
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Working knowledge of Safeguarding issues
- Good time Keeper
- Proactive: highlight problems/concerns immediately to team leader, son or GP/District Nurses
- Be able to accept responsibility and use initiative
- Undertake and attend any necessary training courses
- Attend regular supervision meetings
- Be flexible and adaptable, outcome based and willing to try new things
- Previous care work experience is essential or being a student nurse with an interest in the care of the elderly is an advantage
- Smart Appearance
- Good team-working skills
- Have a positive outlook
- Enjoy watching TV and engage in conversations about the soaps and things that I enjoy watching
- Be flexible in your outlook to your work and enjoy the role in caring for me
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Care
- Domestic Care
- Social + Leisure activities
- Support to remain independent
- Essential PA Guide
- Moving & Handling
- Hand hygiene