Personal Assistant required to support 16 year old young adult who has Autism-9 hours per week- Location KippaxUKCIL Job Reference: 556d1898
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location of Work: Kippax, LS25 7SB
Post Holder Responsible to: Richard Hynes-Cooper
About Oliver: Oliver is 16 years old and has autism. He is non-verbal and needs care and support to manage everyday needs. He is physically able but has no concept of risk and must be supervised to prevent him from harm.
Purpose of Job:
It is the job of the personal assistant to assist Oliver in all areas of personal care, welfare and day to day activities. It is preferable that the post holder has previous experience of working with people with autism. Evidence/references may be requested. It is desirable that the post holder holds a clean driving license and potential access to a mobility car to transport Oliver is available.
Responsibilities of the Job
1. The personal assistant should understand their role in facilitating Oliver’s self-defined needs. They should feel confident to ask Oliver’s parents for any support or guidance as needed, they should always be understanding of the requests made by Oliver and interpret them in the correct manner.
2. Confidentiality – it is important to respect Oliver’s privacy and that of the Hynes-Cooper family, the personal assistant must not discuss their work with anyone other than as defined as per the Contract of Employment.
3. It is the jobholder’s responsibility to arrive at work to start on time and to give notice if they are to be more than 15 minutes late.
Duties of the Job
The personal assistant will/may:
1. Assist Oliver with all areas of personal care, health and welfare.
2. Be required to work on their own or with another providing support and 2:1 care.
3. Ensure that Oliver is provided with food and drink as required, ensuring that the guidelines set by Oliver’s parents are adhered to in order to assist managing food intake.
4. Assist with dressing and undressing Oliver as part of his daily routine.
5. Administer medicine ensuring that the guidelines set by Oliver’s parents are adhered to in order to assist managing health.
6. Provide support to Oliver’s parents to ensure that Oliver is exposed to opportunities to experience that best from life and keep Oliver engaged in one to one interaction to make sure that he remains engaged.
7. Ensure that Oliver is not exposed to any negative influences or left alone due to his vulnerable nature.
8. Ensure that Oliver remains safe and is not allowed to be exposed to danger due to his lack of understanding of risk.
9. Use Oliver’s communication aids as appropriate as assist him express his wants and needs
Oliver has a pet dog (small breed) that will be in the home whilst the PA is present.Services
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Care
- Domestic Care
- Administrating Medication
- Social + Leisure activities
- Full UK driving license
- Own personal car
- Can drive a motability equipped car