Security is a never ending heroic battle which is critical to BT Global, our team challenges the status quo and underpins the revenue that BT Global drive through the sale of our market defining Security portfolio.
BT Group Engineering Services (GES) is a unit within BT Security, a branch of BT Global. We help BT fulfil its global regulatory obligations, supported by our close relationship with customers. We develop innovative teams and create cutting-edge solutions to technical problems.
The role holder will assist in the continuous evolution of BT's Cyber Security Platform - to ensure it stays ahead of the relentless innovation of the client's cyber adversaries. They will work alongside both BT and the client's own staff providing their analytical skills to evolve cyber security use cases and provide in-depth technical assistance for the components of the platform. The role will be located at customer premises and requires an MOD DV.
BT's Cyber Security Platform is a cutting edge solution combining big data and cyber security applications. The role holder will work in a mixed Linux/Windows environment, developing and administering Hadoop and Elasticsearch ecosystems. They will understand client requirements and translate these to technical or analytical solutions, integrating them seamlessly into the existing solution to improve the Cyber Security Platform.
The only limitation in this role is your own ambition and you will play a crucial part of this dynamic and collaborative team to help protect BT and its heritage, ensuring present and future threats are managed securely.
The role holder will be a fixed office worker based near Reading where he/she will be expected to work embedded in a customer office. The role requires an MOD DV, a candidate will have hold or be willing to undergo the DV process. The role may also involve infrequent travel to and from other BT offices throughout the UK.
What you'll be doing
- To innovate and develop the BT Cyber Security Platform.Represent BT at customer security workshops.
- Up skill team members in the domain of big data platforms and development.
- Carry out design, development, integration and testing of cyber security platforms and services.
- Maintain knowledge of the Hadoop and Elasticsearch ecosystems and related emerging technologies.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in data handling techniques including life cycle and security maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
- Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment.
- Experience with supporting production big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognised qualifications.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
- Ability to explore and learn new technologies and effectively disseminate key features to a community.
- Extensive knowledge leveraging Hadoop skills to find innovative approaches to problems.
- Extensive knowledge of the Elastic stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Experience with prototype development using either: Scala, Java, Python or R for streaming and batch ETL workloads.
- Experience with using scripting to automate various processes.
- Experience of Linux system administration and Linux system troubleshooting.
- Experience of network structure and security.
- Experience of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
- Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
Why choose us?
Security is part of our DNA - we've been at the forefront of cyber security development ever since our very own Tommy Flowers carried out ground-breaking work in encryption with Alan Turing during the Second World War.
For more information on Global and how we service our customers in over 180 countries visit - https://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/Ourcompany/Groupbusinesses/BTGlobalServices/index.htm