We have a great opportunity for a Class 2 Driver to work with established cash and carry in Dagenham.
The individual must have a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and a customer-focused attitude.
You will be accompanied by a drivers mate and required to deliver retail supplies (alcohol/cigarettes/food/chilled items) in cages to customers in 18-tonne chilled vans whilst representing the company with a professional approach. You will be loading and unloading vehicles so there will be lifting involved. Teamwork is key.
You MUST have:
- A valid UK Driving Licence
- CPC and Tacho card
- No more than 6 points for minor offences (No DR, DD or IN) offences
- Over the age of 21 (due to insurance restrictions)
- Physically able to load and unload a vehicle
- Good understanding of English as you will be dealing directly with clients.
More about the role.
- Start time will be 0600 Monday to Friday
- The hours will typically be 8 hours but you will need to work to finish so you need to manage your expectations that there may additional hours.
- Lifting and ALL drivers are expected not just to drive but also help out and support the business with ad hoc tasks such as moving items and support as a team. You will be accompanied by a Drivers Mate for support.