Permanent Full Time
Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary £25-000 to £30,000 depending on experience
We are delighted to be working with our client, the main supplier of Water Management, Topographical & Utility Surveying, Software Development & Support and Digital Data Services throughout UK and Ireland. Following the award of a number of major contracts and the expansion of the business, they are currently seeking a Data Analyst for their Portglenone Headquarters.
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for the management of specific data and will use it to help the company with the efficient and innovate management of their data. You will not only need to understand the data but be able to provide insight and analysis through clear visual, written and verbal communication.
Main duties & responsibilities:
· Develop records management processes and policies
· Development of scripts to enhance data analysis
· Data transfer between different file formats
· Be able to manage varying types of data, text, financial, time, flow, pressure
· Produce and track key performance indicators
· Develop and support reporting processes
· Monitor and audit data quality
· Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
· Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to the business
· Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
· Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
· Analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
· Educated to Degree Level in a relevant discipline or 3 years demonstrable experience in a similar role
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills
· Knowledge of data analysis tools
· Familiarity with databases e.g. Access
· Advanced knowledge of Excel to include pivot tables and look ups
· Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
· The capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows
· The ability to carry out data quality control, validation and linkage
· Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
· The ability to present findings and proposals to Management for consideration and development
If interested, what you need to do next:
To register your interest in this position in confidence please submit a copy of your full up-to-date C.V. with a cover email/letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please include the Job Reference Number. Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and your permission sought to send your C.V. to the hiring client for review.
If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised. Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily. Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released. We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity:
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection:
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: