We’re looking for a Tax Accountant to join our growing Tax team based in our Guildford head office in a newly created Tax Accountant role. This is an exciting time for us, as we look to grow our team significantly to take on the additional responsibility of providing Finance expertise to LV GIG and the recently acquired general insurance business of Legal & General in 2020.
You’ll either be a part qualified/newly qualified tax accountant and looking to build on your qualifications with tax experience in a large blue chip organisation, or you are a qualified accountant with some experience of tax compliance and reporting with a desire to start specialising in tax and willing to work to achieve qualified status in this area.
In this Tax Accountant role, you’ll contribute significantly towards delivering a high performing central tax function for the whole Allianz UK Group (including LV GIG and recently acquired division of Legal & General). This involves ensuring all corporate and indirect tax matters are maintained, assisting with employment tax matters as required and fulfilling tax reporting and acting as a trusted advisor and expert to your business stakeholders. You’ll also have the opportunity to use your expert knowledge in wider corporate projects.
Main responsibilities include:
Preparing and submit of all relevant corporate and indirect tax returns and payments
Maintaining compliance records, ensuring all tax filings and payments are made by the stat deadlines
Assist with various employment tax matters including compliance where required
Maintaining tax accounts and balances
Keeping up to date with tax technical matters, undertaking research and advising your business stakeholders accordingly
Maintaining and improving tax governance procedures including SAO arrangements
Developing good working relationships with internal stakeholders, advisors and tax authorities.
We are committed to finding the right people to join our team. Re-location support, flexible working, and career return support may be available.Skills & Experience
Experience and skills:
- Part or fully qualified in ATT/ACA/CTA with a background in either in-house or private practice/consultancy professional service companies is an advantage
- We will consider applications from those without these qualifications if you can demonstrate proven experience in a relevant corporate finance/accountancy role with the desire to work towards tax/accountancy qualification.
- Experience of corporate and/or indirect tax is essential
- Experience in tax reporting and employment tax matters is an advantage
- Experience of accounting systems such as SAP is an advantage
- The ability to interpret and clearly explain tax technical issues
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at email@example.com
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: