Due to acquisitions and continued expansion, we invite applications for the position of Senior Oracle Database Administrator
to support our internal systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, development, administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of Oracle databases
- Management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures
- Reviewing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code
- Security and access control and management of documentation
- Liaise with development team in the full development life cycle of database applications
- Assist in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Oracle 12c with production support experience in a multi-project environment including performance and tuning with server configuration and tracing exposure
- Maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning of validated Oracle production environments
- As there will be involvement with SQL Server databases experience in this area is a strong advantage.
- Adherence to good Database Design principles
- Extensive PL/SQL development experience
- Experience with Oracle recovery, Oracle Diagnostics and Tuning Packs
- Experience with Unix/Linux in a environment
- Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools
- Developed technical specifications, coordinate and conduct database design reviews
- Keen troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms and alternative DB technologies (eg NoSQL) is an advantage.
- Experience hosting Oracle on Windows is an advantage
- Understanding of SAN technologies is an advantage
- 5+ minimum years’ experience managing production Oracle environments part of which must be in a large scale, 24/7 environment
- Strong Team Leadership
- Forward/Analytical Thinking
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions
- Customer focused
- Excellent Communications skills (both oral and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Competitive salary package
- High levels of autonomy and ownership
- A blameless and delivery focused environment
- Opportunities for experience in other areas.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and feel that this could be the role for you then APPLY NOW!