Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Test Engineering Design Manager (Avionics) to oversee the activities associated with Electrical Test equipment design, Test Support and Diagnostics and be responsible for the Avionics Laboratory. This involves performing technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation of test environments, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total test systems throughout the system lifecycle.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The successful candidate will manage the Electrical Test design team while providing functional and technical leadership. Further, you will support all stages of lifecycle management relating to development and qualification in the discipline area.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
· Degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent). Alternatively an HNC or HND with extensive experience.
· Demonstrated experience of design management in a highly integrated, multi-process environment.
· Proven skills and experience in leading medium sized teams made up of permanent, temporary and outsource staff.
· Proven experience of planning and leading design, integration and product test support activities.
· A proven understanding of electrical and electro-mechanical aspects of avionic and test equipment design.
· A proven knowledge and experience of using requirements management systems.
· Working knowledge of legal & regulatory requirements for activities in the discipline area (to include risk assessments and health and safety considerations).
· Proven knowledge of relevant industry standards for avionic and electrical engineering.
· Proven experience in providing technical governance and functional leadership in the discipline area.
· Managing identification of avionic and test system product design risks and translation into risk mitigation activity.
· Managing the definition and agreement over verification methodology and planning within the discipline areas.
· Managing development of avionic and test design through company processes.
· Ensuring the team is provided with suitable equipment and processes in order to work in a safe and structured manner.
· Continuous development & improvement of procedures & processes
· Mentoring of the team and the identification of training requirements.
· Defining and implementing improvement of team and individual competencies, skills and capacity; and management of personal development reviews.
· Coordinated management of the team, sub-contractors & outsourced projects
· Ensuring compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements
Click Here to watch our careers video and learn more about us.
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£10 - £11 per annum
more details »