Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Team Leader, Test Engineer
Eaton Titchfield are currently looking for a Team Leader, Test Engineer. As part of the Engineering team you will delegate and assign work to your reports, report daily to the engineering manager on status and attend project meetings being the focal point for all the current test activities. You will need to carry out all aspects in relation to the tests required by the project teams and NPI components to complete both development and qualification testing. You will need to ensure that all tests are completed to meet the projects budget and plan. You will take ownership of the job, attend project reviews, reviewing QTP's and give information to the project team on progress.
Your key deliverables:
• Day to day leadership of team members - Assign and delegate work as required
• Produce daily reports of status of current work and future planning.
• Planning - Give completion dates to project teams for all tests current and future. Managing accordingly to deadlines
• Approve overtime when required to meet deadlines
• Approval of QTP's, TRR's & MRB in a timely manner
• Team building between own departments and with Project Engineering
• Assist with EHS to ensure compliance to 5S, MESH, ATEX, CE Marking etc.
• Work with Lean Six Sigma to improve the work flow in build and testing and identify potential further CI opportunities
• Assist Operations test in a handover of both new and legacy products.
• Development of staff in their annual goals and within the requirements of the test department.
• Testing of all Eaton components
• Champion for safety and drive quality metrics
+ Educated to HNC level in Engineering or 5 years minimum experience in test/lead position
+ Knowledgeable in aerospace component testing and regulatory standards
+ Knowledgeable in People Development and planning
If yes, then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
+ Competitive compensation and benefits package
+ Contract in fast growing global company
+ Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
+ Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
+ Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.