TotallyMoney is using technology to redefine consumer credit.
TotallyMoney is a FinTech scale-up based near Old Street’s Silicon Roundabout, positioned between Shoreditch’s cutting-edge start-ups and the City’s forward-looking financial institutions.
We’re on a mission to make credit fairer and improve the credit score of 5 million people in the UK by 2023, and we’re looking for a Head of BI to help make that happen.
TotallyMoney puts customers in control of their data and empowers them to make better financial decisions. Using consumer and market data, we can better match customers to the financial products that work for them. We’ve built an industry-leading suite of tools to explain to customers why they got their credit score, what it means, and how to improve it. That’s why we’re the highest rated free credit report provider on Trustpilot.
At TotallyMoney, we believe in sharing the credit and in a positive, bottom-up culture. We encourage fresh ideas, continuous testing and innovation. We trust our employees to work autonomously and take responsibility, loosely following Agile principles in a supportive, collaborative environment. That’s how we maintain a staff engagement level that puts us in the top 10% of the sector.
What’s the job?
TotallyMoney is looking for a Head of BI to join us on a permanent basis to help set the long-term vision and strategy for data-driven decision making in the company.
Reporting into our CCO and working closely with the CTO and functional leads across the business, you will provide an overarching scope of solutions, the high-level capabilities required and the direction of supporting tools and technology.
You will be supported by two BI Analysts reporting directly into you and will closely oversee the functional analysts across the business as part of your responsibility for the direction and overall quality of output of the data insight squad at TotallyMoney.
Coming into a new role, you will be self-sufficient and confident in managing the various demands of the function, however you’ll find the team and the wider business very supportive and willing to invest time in setting you up to succeed. The breadth of the role, and the autonomy it affords, makes this an exciting opportunity for someone with energy and initiative, wanting to step up into a management position.
What will you do?
- Create and implement an ongoing organizational BI strategy; ensure the BI team implements and utilizes industry best practices and technology required to provide insights, analysis and reporting for the company.
- Partner with the CEO and Management Team to decide how to measure and evaluate our business model, objectives and strategies, defining and controlling KPIs and tracking metrics for evaluation across the organisation.
- Build and manage our Business Intelligence team - with direct reports and extended analysts; helping to develop a high-performance culture in which these analysts can thrive.
- With the support of HR, oversee the development of a competency model, progression framework, onboarding and training materials for the individuals in the BI team; identify external L&D opportunities and coordinate.
- Build strong relationships with CxOs and stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Commercial, Finance and Technology; Serve as strategic advisor and enabler across the organization to achieve departmental objectives.
- Own and maintain our company-wide MI reporting framework, implementation and cadence.
- Manage the process of on-time, high quality production of MI reports and insights.
- Become a subject matter expert in our customer lifecycle, performance funnels, data tracking and the governing business logic of our platform; Develop a keen understanding of our cycles of engagement and monetisation and how these patterns shift over the customer lifetime.
- You have strong business judgement and an understanding of what drives business value in mass-marketing consumer applications
- You are knowledgeable about, and interested in, recent developments in the tools and technologies available to BI and how these can be best used in small, agile environments
- You are open to working with our current toolset (Looker, Snowflake) rather than starting from scratch
- You’re an outstanding communicator and presenter: whether it’s clearly communicating complex, data-driven topics to our senior leadership and Board, or sharing the latest news with the team at a breakfast presentation
- You have a track record of effectively managing and coaching direct reports as a hands-on practitioner-manager
- You have a track record of influencing people and changing behaviours; acting as a role model in the business and setting high standards for yourself and others
- You’re outcome-oriented: with a proven ability to identify opportunities and pursue them to realization
- You have considerable project management and service delivery experience, being able to manage and communicate priorities effectively to meet the needs of wider stakeholders
- You’re comfortable with operating in cross-functional, agile squads
- 7+ years’ experience in analysis and reporting
- Not just strategic but solid hands-on knowledge of SQL
Nice to haves:
- Experience of managing analysts and/or data engineers and owning the BI strategy for a business unit or small enterprise
- Experience developing and coaching direct reports and identifying training needs for individuals
- Experience in the consumer finance or e-commerce sectors
- R or Python for data analysis
- Looker, Snowflake, Redshift
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary, appropriate to your experience
- On-target bonus scheme
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, and the option to purchase extra)
- 2 CEO-discretionary days off at Christmas (paid)
- 2 days off per year (paid) for charity volunteering
- Access to healthy training budgets
- 2 annual company socials, plus a regular social calendar throughout the year
- Quarterly team socials
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Health Insurance and reward scheme (inc. 50% off Virgin Active gyms)
- Perkbox membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free breakfast on Thursdays
- A well-stocked fridge, plus free fruit, biscuits, bagels, tea, coffee, squash, and more
- Football, badminton, and video games at lunchtimes
- Beers, wine, music, and table tennis on Friday afternoons
A Bit About Us:
- We have the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up coupled with the stability and resources of an established business.
- We seek bright like-minded people who can make things change.
- FinTech scale-up based near Old Street’s Silicon Roundabout, positioned between Shoreditch’s cutting-edge start-ups and the City’s forward-looking financial institutions
- Champions of fairer and better consumer credit since 2007, driven by technology
- Soft searching and eligibility scoring pioneers, to help reduce customers’ risk of being rejected for credit
- Redefining how lenders help meet their customers’ needs
- Winners of Best Company To Work For at 2018’s Credit Awards
- 3 Star Best Companies accreditation for ‘extraordinary’ levels of staff engagement
- Number 52 in the Sunday Times Best 100 Small Companies to Work For 2019
- Twice winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at the 2019 and 2018 Moneynet Personal Finance Awards
- Highest rated Free Credit Report service on Trustpilot
- Champions of diversity — of both people and ideas
- Signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter
- A team of over 80 staff — and growing rapidly