Support Worker - Crewe
- Crewe Green
- 1st Enable Ltd
Apply for this job
We are currently looking for a passionate Support Worker to join the ranks of our diverse Complex care team located in central Crewe.
The Service provides 6 beautiful individuals flats to adult with Learning Disabilities , Autism and some have behaviours that are challenging to services .Each Person will have their own tenancy and be supported to maintain it and to be involved in the local of Crewe which has many local services, shops and other amenities that everybody within the service can use.
Who were looking for:
* Our support workers must be kind, compassionate and genuinely enthusiastic about the care and wellbeing of our people.
* Our support workers need to use initiative to keep people engaged, for example coming up with ideas for days out or ideas for rainy days at home.
* Our support workers MUST be reliable and flexible, support work isn't your typical 9-5 grind!
* Driving license isn't essential but would be desirable in the position.
The shifts are broken down into, earlies, late's and live nights
Sleep ins may be a possibility from time to time so be prepared to do these when required.
Early Shift: 8am – 3pm
Late Shift: 3pm - 10pm
Full day 8am till 10pm
Live Nights 10pm till 8am
Each week you will be put on a rota equating to your contracted hours over a 4 week period .
There will be some weekend work involved however this typically alternates each week.
The Rotas are produced far in advance so you will always know when you are working. Management are very flexible with the rota and if you need to swap a shift, they will always look to accommodate this when they can.
Overtime is on offer in the home, dependent on staff annual leave and sickness. You will also be able to pick up extra shifts in our other services if they have the availability.
* Shopping and food preparation
* Supporting daily living
* Assisting people to access the local community
* Attending GP appointments with the people
* Working with individualised and person-centred support plans
* Getting involved in recreational and vocational activities
* General Housework
* Small elements of personal care and advice
Benefits of working for 1st Enable
* Access to free qualifications in social care (Level 2 and 3)
* 28 days annual leave
* Overtime opportunities
* Pension Scheme
* Refer a friend Scheme (Paying £150 per referral)
* Genuine home away from home feeling
About 1st Enable
Founded in 2012 by a group of likeminded healthcare professionals whose shared desire was to offer a local service to local people in their community and to make a positive difference. We believe that people with learning disabilities are equal participants in society and should have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. 1st Enable Ltd is a provider of supported living for learning disabilities, operating in the North West. Our staff team have over 75 years clinical experience of providing this care both in the community and within the NHS.
Apply for this job