AECOM's Transport Planning team in Scotland wish to recruit an Associate Director. This role has been created to meet existing and future demands and is intended to grow significantly over time, offering unlimited career progression potential for the right person. Our Transport Planning team plans and evaluates future transport schemes, forecasts demand and revenue, develops and evaluates transport policy, provides advisory services to various government agencies, develops business cases, undertakes economic appraisal, as well as looking at the relationships between spatial planning and transport.
The ideal candidate will come from an analytical background, such as geography, economics, mathematics, planning or engineering and will have extensive experience in transport planning and key responsibilities listed in this recruitment notice. We value a combination of analytical and communication skills, with a creative approach to problem solving, and are seeking an individual with an in depth appreciation of their chosen area with excellent knowledge of wider transport planning, and experience of business development and project management. This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a range of groundbreaking and innovative projects for a wide variety of clients.
AECOM in Scotland
The AECOM offices in Scotland have an established track record of successfully delivering transportation projects throughout Scotland and further afield in both the urban and rural environment.
AECOM in Scotland offer the full package of services so whilst the role would be within the Transport Planning team, which includes strategy development, modelling, appraisal, policy, advisory etc, the successful candidate would work very closely with our Scottish based Streets, Technology, and Development Planning Consultancy teams so would be exposed to, and expected to gain a grasp of, all aspects of project delivery. Our team in Scotland are currently working with key organisations in Scotland including Transport Scotland, Regional Transport Partnerships and Local Authorities.
The role (dependent on experience) will be as follows:
Successfully manage the delivery of projects in areas such as:
- Transport Planning including appraisal
- Strategic Transport Plans
- Delivery of Major Road and Public Transport Schemes
- Planning and Design of Traffic and Demand Management Schemes
- Technology in relation to Smart Cities, Smart Vehicles, MaaS etc
- Project Management
- Take on the project leader role on a variety of projects and deal directly with clients
- Support business development in the areas of transportation planning/engineering
- Project management activities such as project team co-ordination, monitoring schedule, budget compliance and invoicing
- Communicate and work with project team to provide a high quality of service to our clients and ensure that all documentation conforms to client and company standards
- Liaise with and assist other AECOM business lines and geographies in the provision of transportation planning services to clients
- Mentor staff
- Experience in transport planning or a related area
- Strategic, practical and creative thinker
- Proven strong analytic and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential to the role
- Excellent project management, presentation, facilitation and writing skills
- Regardless of academic or professional experience, we are essentially looking for a team player who is passionate about transport planning, who will support business development and will lead on
- Relevant Degree in engineering, transport planning, economics, mathematics, computer science or geography or other relevant area
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 222447BR
Additional Locations UK - Glasgow - 120 Bothwell Street
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.