Only 20 minutes South of Guildford. Established but growing Surrey and Sussex border based, full service marketing agency, Silverback Studios is looking for a highly conceptual and visually creative Senior Designer to join and help manage their ever expanding team. Working closely with the Creative Director and team for a diverse range of clients, B2B and B2C, covering branding, print and digital projects.
We are looking for someone that is fun and as passionate about design as we are! Likes working as part of a team and has aspirations to grow their career with the agency over coming years.
- Conceptualising fresh ideas for a wide range of branding, marketing and digital projects.
- Support the Creative Director and Digital Director in managing the well established design team.
- Work closely with Account Manager to help build client relationship.
- Good at working to a brief to deliver creative but functional ideas on time and on budget.
- Understand and deliver creative solutions for internal project and pitches.
- Keen to art-direct photographers/videographers and brief more junior designers.
- Happy to and able to work with guidelines and on implementation projects.
- Have a voice and opinion on briefs and projects.
- Able to liaise with clients on feedback and present concepts to client.
- Up to speed with print artwork, able to liaise with suppliers and deliver specialist print ready artwork.
- Has a good understanding of digital design, keen to turn the hand to digital work, coding a bonus.
- Have a good understanding of brand strategy and everything involved.
- Able to craft effective rationale content to support design work.
- Be vocal in, even chair, brainstorming sessions with the wider team.
- Strong at proof reading and artwork checking for print approval.
- Able to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines, every time.
- Attention to detail both with copy and artwork.
- Works well with and keen to help develop company processes.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign as standard), After Effects and Sketch advantageous.
- Some level of management and around 8 years plus industry experience.
35-40k dependent on expertise and experience.
Personality: We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Designer/Head of Design that fits our culture:
We are passionate about design and branding. Our focus is to build long lasting transparent relationships with our clients. We approach every job with the same amount of care and interest, challenging conventions and offering insight.
The ideal applicant will possess these values:
- Collaborative: Works well as part of a team and with our clients. - Genuine: Down to earth, honest and happy to get stuck in. - Playful: Doesn’t take themselves too seriously, likes to have a bit of banter. - Bold: Not afraid to take risks, to speak up for what they believe in. - Instinctive: Has real talent, creates designs based on insight, not for design sake.
Apply with a CV, salary expectations and a PDF portfolio of the work you're most proud of.