Teaching Assistant Job - Graduate Opportunity - Primary School in Chelmsford | EY, KS1, KS2 | SEN, Interventions
Your New Role
A lovely primary school in Chelmsford is currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to join their staff from September. This is a full time, long-term position, Monday to Friday from 8.30am till 4pm for a strong Classroom Assistant.
The school is looking for a Classroom Assistant who could effectively support Year 5 class and the class teacher. You will be responsible for supporting small groups of children boosting their literacy and numeracy skills. You will also need to work closely with the class teacher preparing teaching resources.
Day to day Roles & Responsibilities
* Organise and check materials.
* Undertake specific tasks with a pupil with Speech & Language needs Contribute, where appropriate, to any discussion of pupils' needs and progress.
* Participate in any relevant Staff Development activities.
* Assist in the preparation of the classroom for the activities planned.
* Assist in meeting the child's needs for encouragement and reassurance.
* Encourage pupil's self-help at all times. Undertake some of the more routine time-consuming activities, e.g. Photocopying, mounting work for display, & contributing to the displaying of children's work.
The successful Teaching Assistant candidate for this job should:
* Be degree educated
* Have proven track record of working in UK primary classrooms
* Be familiar with supporting groups of children with a variety of SEN needs effectively
* Have an understanding and experience of intervention programmes
* Be a patient and positive role model for children Child-related qualifications
* Demonstrate commitment, dedication and resilience in your previous childcare work
* Have an ability to manage challenging behaviour
* Have a good command of English
* Knowledge of PECS or Makaton would be an advantage
If you think that you are suitable then apply for this Teaching Assistant job today, don't wait! Click 'Apply' to send your CV to Paul at Randstad Education. Alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01245 260100
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: