You will provide detail support to ensure accurate and timely consolidation and analysis of the Company's financial statements which are prepared in accordance with U\.S\. GAAP\. You will provide support in completing internal management reporting and external reporting for a number of stakeholders\. In addition, you may participate in Accounting Research and Policy activities and/or Financial Reporting activities\. The Consolidation Team is primarily responsible for consolidation, intercompany and review processes relating to monthly reporting of actual results \(under US GAAP\), in compliance with SOX and Group Audit requirements\.
**What will it be like to work for Hilton?**
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight\. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget\. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member\. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike\.
**What will I be doing?**
You will be responsible for completing the preparation and analysis on their assigned areas of the financial statements\. The consolidations group is also responsible for the completion of certain lender compliance reporting and management reporting\. You will be responsible for monitoring status and completeness of all tasks, ensuring timely completion in accordance with established deadlines, as well as interfacing with internal and external audit\.
Other key priorities are listed below:
• Involved in performing analysis on financial statement line items
• Prepare global reconciliations of intercompany and fee accounts
• Assist with preparing schedules for footnote disclosure, lender compliance reporting, and audit committee materials
• Prepare consolidation journal entries
• Update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and provide supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures
• Utilize the Company's accounting policies and memos in order to understand the proper accounting treatment for items related to their responsibilities
• Assist with normal maintenance of the metadata and implementation of enhancements for the consolidation system
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company\.
• Perform special projects as needed\.
• Any and all other job duties as assigned\.
**What benefits will I receive?**
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement\. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends\! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton\.
• To hold a BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
• Working towards ACCA/CIMA
• To have some related accounting and finance experience
• Part \- Qualified Accountant with experience gained within a corporate environment
• Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing
• Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
• Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate and to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Ability to coordinate between various corporate offices and departments
• Ability to disaggregate, analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
• Understanding of general accounting policies and procedures at a transaction level
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• To hold a MS/MA/Master's Degree or equivalent
• To have an Advanced degree \(MBA or comparable\) in Finance or similar
• To have ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualifications or similar
• To have significant related experience
• To have some Public Accounting experience
• Experience in SEC reporting
• Experience working with general ledger systems and reporting packages, specifically PeopleSoft and Hyperion Financial Management