- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Apply for this job
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We are now looking for an Events Executive to join us on a fixed-term contract until 31st July 2020.
As the Events Executive, you’ll oversee the operational aspects of our events, including conferences, dinners, seminars, webinars and lectures.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as the main point of contact for speakers and sponsors
- Ensure that events run to time and the highest level of customer experience is maintained
- Liaise with suppliers, including venues, AV suppliers and signage providers
- Work in-line with budgets and keep the expenditure ledger up-to-date
- Complete a range of administrative tasks
During your contract, you’ll have the chance to help onsite with the IMechE’s Formula Student event, which is Europe's most established educational engineering competition. The event attracts 3,000 – 5,000 students and spectators, giving you the chance to gain experience of a large-scale event.
To join us as an Events Executive, you’ll need:
- The confidence to communicate with people at all levels of seniority
- The enthusiasm to take ownership and accountability of events and projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A high level of IT literacy, including the ability to develop, administer and use PC and associated networks and systems (such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Demonstrable end-to-end operations experience would be beneficial, as would an IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent health and safety qualification. An interest in engineering and technology would be equally advantageous, as would a degree level qualification.
Other organisations may call this role Events Operations Executive, Events Co-ordinator, Event Logistics Executive/Co-ordinator, Event Fulfilment Executive, Conference Organiser, Conference & Event Co-ordinator.
- Salary of up to £26,000 per annum pro rata
- 26 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
Here at IMechE, we are proud of our impressive history, long tradition and fine reputation. We are passionate about making the world a better place through engineering and each one of our employees contribute to our goal of making a positive, lasting impact.
We understand that to realise our ambitions, we need amazing people in our team. We offer exceptional learning and development opportunities, including on-the-job support and in-house training courses, as well as a positive, inclusive work environment.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as an Events Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Apply for this job