- Market leading design & build
- Generous salary, package and bonus
- Opportunity to progress on to senior management position
This is a rare opportunity for a Contract Manager to join a market leading Design & Build firm based in Surrey.
Our client is a well-established contractor and have enjoyed ongoing success and they are now looking to add to their existing team. The successful Contract Manager can come from either a trades or degree background.
Key responsibilities for the successful Contract Manager
Responsibility for the delivery of individual projects to an excellent quality, to an optimum time and value as possible and in accordance with our safety and environmental standards.
Work alongside the Senior Contracts Manager to engage with pre-contracts at an early stage on projects to provide construction and programme advice.
Support the sales/pre-contracts teams with attendance at pitches and client meetings.
Proactively engage in the internal project handover stage as the project moves from pre-contracts to contracts. Ensure that the project is handed over by the pre-contracts team in the best possible position, including the receipt of all Building Contracts in a timely manner.
Day to Day Duties:
- Take ownership of the programme, procurement and all delivery aspects of a project.
- Provide regular reports to the client, professional team and senior contracts manager on all matters of programme, cost and quality on a project.
- Manage the selection and appointment of all subcontractors on projects and ensure that all appointments are made in accordance with the project programme and procurement schedule.
- Arrange pre-start co-ordination meetings with sub-contractors prior to starting works on site, and chair weekly sub-contractor meetings. Continue to oversee and manage all sub-contractors throughout the project.
- Proactively manage the environmental impact of projects, introducing mitigation ideas where possible.
- Ensure that liaison with Building Control and any other statutory authorities has been carried out as required by the design team and specialist suppliers.
- Attend weekly site/client meetings maintain a good client relationship at all times.
- Establish and run a robust cost value reporting (CVR) process across all projects. Identify and track opportunities to improve profit margins on projects. Provide regular financial updates to the Senior Contracts Manager on all projects.
- Undertake the required cost and programme reporting to the client and professional team on all projects.
- Ensure that invoicing is up to date and carry out valuations as per the contract documents, monitor and obtain payment of money by due date.
- Sign off sub-contractor valuations and invoices for works completed.
- With support from the Senior Contracts Manager implement and maintain a culture that puts safety first throughout the project process. Adopt a zero tolerance approach to poor safety.
- Record any delays during the contract, and proactively manage the reporting of them to the client, professional team and Senior Contracts Manager.
- Establish and maintain a risk register on all projects and proactively manage the close out of all risks on projects.
- Put in place a robust close out process for all projects. Make use of benchmarking, mock-ups and the use of snagging tools to create an environment to allow the projects to be delivered to as high a quality as possible.
- Manage the production of all snagging/defects from ‘day 1’ on a project through to Practical Completion, and separately list any late client instruction that will be carried out post contract.
- Target zero defects with the supply chain at the Practical Completion meeting.
- Arrange and chair the Practical Completion meeting with the client, following documented procedure and obtain signed P.C certificate.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety File is completed and delivered at Practical Completion.
- Manage the soft landings phase of a project, post Practical Completion.
- Ensure that all project final accounts and subcontractor accounts are closed within 8 weeks of Practical Completion.
- Complete the subcontractor assessment matrix on all projects and ensure that project teams do the same within 4 weeks of Practical Completion.
- Monitor the 12 month’s rectification period on all projects and ensure that any final snagging matters are closed out within 2 weeks so as to realise project retention.
- Organise the rectification of any agreed defects during the rectification period. Obtain Completion of Making Good Defects Certificate and collect retention monies at end of defects period.
Please send your CV to apply for this great opportunity.
redfish solutions promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We embrace differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic. We have an inclusive recruitment philosophy and will endeavour to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Call us on 020 33 900 111 if you require additional assistance.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
MP1 Contract Man