Deputy Office Manager & Executive Assistant
- 29,461 P.A. ?
- Newell Green
- NHS Jobs
Apply for this job
What's special about this opportunity?
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust can provide you with a dynamic, people-centred environment, where you will be empowered to support patients with complex conditions, adopting a personalised approach to patient care that maximises independence, choice and control, following our philosophy of enabling people to reach and maintain their optimum level of health and wellbeing.
We value our employees and put people first. As a Global Digital Exemplar, we will provide you with an excellent working environment that has just been recognised as having a 'Good' rating overall, being an 'Outstanding', well-led, organisation, and having an 'Outstanding' Older Adults Mental Health Team in our latest CQC inspection, which found that: 'Managers across Berkshire Healthcare promoted a positive culture that supported and valued staff, creating a sense of common purpose based on shared values.'
Working in a passionate team, you will have access to our Trust-wide Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth, with opportunities to help you build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, enabling you to extend your skills and ensure that you excel.
We are pioneers in compassionate leadership and Quality Improvement, which is about creating a culture where everyone has a voice and where service users and staff collaborate to have a direct impact on the things that matter most.
An exciting development opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join the Corporate HQ Administration team as Deputy Office Manager/Executive Assistant. This is a full time role and will be for an initial 10 month fixed term contract (for maternity cover) with an option to extend. Start date 14thOctober 2019.
Deputy Office Manager
• You will deputise for the Company Secretary and Office Manager/Assistant Company Secretary and manage the smooth running of the headquarters administration office. This includes day to day operational management of administrative staff and budgets associated with areas of responsibility. You will have specific management responsibility for the Executive Office Administrator.
• You will support the Company Secretary and Office Manager/Assistant Company Secretary with the Assistant Company Secretary function.Executive Assistant
• You will provide a full suite of executive assistant and administrative support to the Trust Chair, Deputy Chief Executive & Chief Financial Officer, Company Secretary and their senior teams.
• You will provide support to the Non-Executive Directors and Council of Governors and ensure the administrative arrangements relating to the Board and Council meetings meet the requirements of the Trusts constitution.SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (must include but not limited to):
• People management skills or transferable managerial skills.
• Maximising and supporting individual/team/service capacity and performance.
• Excellent understanding of complex diary management.
• First-rate organisational abilities and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to create effective minutes and agendas for multiple meetings; minute taking skills are essential.
• Good IT skills including, word, excel & power point.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confidence in multi-tasking and working within a pressurised environment.
• Some engagement with our service users will be required and due to the complex nature of managing stakeholder relations with and on behalf of the Directors, an ability to demonstrate resilience and deal with people sensitively as well as with discretion is important.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 21st August 2019.
If you share our passion for people and the dedication to excel, we'd love to hear from you.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don't hesitate to call Louise Arnold on 01344 415652 or email: [email protected] who'll be delighted to help.
In addition to a competitive salary, as a valued member of our team, you will receive generous annual leave, have access to a car salary sacrifice scheme (available to all permanent staff over the age of 21), support with childcare and, as a respected member of the NHS, discounts from high street retailers and restaurants.
We'd love to welcome you to our warm, friendly team, who want to help you to make your career reflect your ambitions.
This advert closes on Thursday 15 Aug 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident .
Apply for this job