The Business Operations Assistant role will offer an excellent opportunity and provide great insight into the operations of the IBM Client Innovation Centre.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order to be eligible for this role, all applicants must hold the valid right to work in the UK for at least a 2 year period. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Contract Length: 12 month fixed term contract
- Travel: Some travel will be required as part of this role
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business, built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Since opening our first UK office in Leicester in Spring 2015, we’ve significantly grown. We currently have multiple UK locations, with offices in Leicester, Hursley, Thames Valley (Swindon), London and the North (Preston & Newcastle), along with a group specialising in Microsoft applications. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network. About the Role
This role is suitable for a strong problem solver. You will be working closely with the senior management team and Head of Operations, to support in delivering key projects for the business. The role will involve:
- Performing tasks including: auditing timesheet records, meeting minutes, facilitation of action lists and providing support for the CIC management team
- Supporting in the running of new starter inductions
- Designing and producing draft documentation
- Using innovative methods and ideas to help roll our new initiatives to set up and change process within the CIC
If you are looking to develop your career in a friendly and upbeat working environment, adaptable and resilient to change then IBM Client Innovation Centre UK is an excellent place to take this step.The following characteristics are important in our employees:
- Passion – to make a difference
- Collaboration – because we accomplish more when we work together
- Exploration – openness to explore new places, ideas, and technologies
- Insightfulness – it is important to understand things from different viewpoints
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to work in a team as well as communicate with employees at all levels
- A keen problem solver with focus on attention to detail
- Pro-active ownership of own workload and ability to work with little supervision
- The ability to work flexible and adapt in a fast-paced professional work environment
- The aptitude to rapidly acquire new skills with the drive and enthusiasm to learn
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of the IT sector and workplace.
About Business Unit
The IBM Client Innovation Centre is an entrepreneurial start-up with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company: IBM. The centre has been established to deliver a wide range of the latest technical services to our clients.
We are operating from 16+ locations spread across Europe. This way we are able to meet the technical, language, time zone, and regulatory requirements of projects for local clients.
Your Life @ IBM
As the CIC is very much an employee focussed environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us!
The first CIC in the UK is located in Leicester in the East Midlands. Following the success of our business as the newest, fastest growing part of IBM, the CIC introduced four new satellite centres to deliver new project activity. Our centres are based in Hursley, the Thames Valley, the North spanning across Preston and Newcastle, with a fifth centre providing Microsoft skills.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.