SummaryLakeside Healthcare at Yaxley Yaxley, PeterboroughBe part of the future of sustainable General Practice at Lakeside Healthcare at Yaxley!
We have an exciting opportunity for a salaried doctor (6-8 sessions per week or negotiable)
to join our forward thinking practice based in the village of Yaxley
, near to the rapidly growing town of Peterborough.
For many years we have been at the forefront embracing innovations in General Practice, to the benefit of both our patients and staff. We were early adopters of the Doctor First
system and therefore have no waiting list
You would be part of a friendly, enthusiastic and truly multidisciplinary team comprising of:
- 9 GP partners (7 WTE)
- 2 Nurse Practitioners and 2 Emergency Care Practitioners
- Clinical Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician
- An experienced practice nursing and HCA team
- Supportive administration and reception team
- External support from Lakeside Healthcare
- Growing list size of 16,500 patients
- Semi-rural with mixed population demographics
- Lakeside Healthcare at Yaxley is part of the Lakeside Healthcare Group, which serves the healthcare needs of over 180,000 patients across four counties - Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
- GMS practice
- SystmOne clinical system
- Clinical Buddy support system
- Low visiting rates
- 98% of patients would recommend practice on Friends and Family Test (June 2019 data)
- CQC rating 'Good'
- Enhanced Services - Including comprehensive sexual health service with opportunities to train in this area.
- High QOF achievements
- We are also passionate about both postgraduate and undergraduate training and are involved with GP registrar training and training Cambridge Medical Students. This is an area we are continuing to expand and we would be supportive of applicants with aspirations towards GP training.
What Makes Us Different?
- Highly competitive salary (£80,000.00 to 85,000.00 WTE DOE) + indemnity
- 6 weeks annual leave per year + 1 week study leave
- Working either in a Doctor First or face to face system depending on applicant preference and experience
- We can offer flexible working patterns
- Partnership opportunities through the Lakeside Accelerated Partnership Programme Partner Recruitment Process
We have a strong ethos of supporting
not just our staff but each other. We have daily case discussion meetings,
a detailed weekly palliative care and cancer care meeting
and regular educational meetings.
We operate an open door policy
in surgery ensuring you will always be supported.
We meet daily for both lunch and coffee.
We would love to hear from enthusiastic candidates prior to 1st September 2019. Please contact our Practice Manager Aija Selby on 01733 246 722 or [email protected]
We would also be happy to answer any further questions or arrange a visit to meet the team.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 1st September 2019 (may be extended)
Interviews will take place during W/C 9th September 2019
Anticipated start date is as soon as possible