You will have the ability to understand and solve complex technical and programming problems, and to communicate issues and solutions effectively to a wider team. You will be able to lead small teams in technical delivery, with responsibilities encompassing:
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Businesses & Product Managers
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
You will be an experienced Magik developer, with broad & deep experience of the Smallworld Product Portfolio. Beyond Magik, you will be a polyglot developer who can pick up new languages & technologies, driving the Smallworld portfolio in new technical directions. Developing new capabilities across the Smallworld product Portfolio, you will work with Product owners, Architects, testers, and other developers to build high quality software products and components using the Scrum methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and/or equivalent experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
- Extremely strong Magik experience and Smallworld Product experience
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience with HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS, Angular, Polymer
Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
Experience in building scalable and highly performant systems
Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
Influences through others; builds direct and \
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us at