A leading food manufacturer is currently seeking a HSE Manager to join their team. The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have demonstrable experience of working in a H&S management role with strong hygiene knowledge within FMCG food manufacturing, including the development / implementation of policies and procedures.
You will be ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent), working towards or having achieved NEBOSH diploma. You will have knowledge of waste management, budget responsibility and previous experience of being named competent person for safety, including point of contact for external professional bodies.Key Responsibilities:
- Competent person and point of contact for all relevant legal authorities
- Management of behavioural safety management system ensuring processes for assessing / managing risk
- Ensure health, safety and wellbeing of staff members and all visitors
- Drive KPI’s (labour, waste, delivery of improvements in environmental impact)
- Maintenance of metrics, reports, documentation, service logs etc
- Business continuity plans minimising disruption to critical functions relating to health and safety
- Regular internal audits ensuring compliance and taking ownership of the high risk health and safety related tasks on PPM system
- Accident investigation ensuring corrective actions
- Work collaboratively with teams for all project activities
- Ensure occupational health requirements are in place
- Ensure team members are appropriately
- Maintain stocks of PPE and disposables
- Liaise with waste contactors organising rubbish removal and recyclable materials, maintaining minimal costs
- Manage fire safety policy / procedures, including management of the fire system infrastructure, periodic evacuation drills and regular inspection and tests
- Work cooperatively with contracted security Management Company to build effective communication strategies on security matters
- Manage and control site access and CCTV control systems
- Design and implement company environmental management system
- Manage the implementation of a formal waste management system
- Ensure regular and effective communication on all health, safety and environmental matters
You will be an excellent communicator and strong influencer, experienced with problem solving. You will be an analytical thinker, with tenacity, driving for results.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.