Vacancy Reference: 18222
We are currently recruiting for a Skill for Industry Trainer / Assessor for the Belfast area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36hours per week, with an hourly rate of £12.71. This vacancy is expected to last for 4 months with the possibility of extension.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver teaching, learning and assessment in the relevant sectoral area
- To identify work placement opportunities for programme participants
- Provide a support and mentoring service for programme participants
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers to identify opportunities and ensure participants on the programme are placed accordingly
- Design and develop resources for learning in the area of specialism ensuring that technology enhanced learning is used where possible
- Visit learners in the workplace to deliver teaching, learning and assessment towards their targeted qualifications
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ level 3) in the professional and technical area(s) in which they are training*NB: successful candidates will be required to possess a qualification at least one level higher than the qualification in which they are assessing
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- EITHER hold, or be in the process of completing an Assessors Award (TAQA or A1/A2 equivalent), OR give a commitment that you will undertake the Assessors Award (A1/A2 or equivalent) within one year
- Have at least 2 years’ industrial experience within the last 5 years, of working in your chosen area of specialism
- Demonstrable experience of providing training in the chosen area of specialism
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Up to £32000 per annum + Company vehicle, benefits
more details »