At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Location: Leicester office with occasional travel to other sites as required
An opportunity has arisen to help the continuing growth of IBM’s UK Client Innovation Centres (CICs). The CIC is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business, built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients.
Since opening our first UK office in Leicester in Spring 2015, we’ve significantly grown. We currently have five UK centres, with offices in Leicester, Hursley, Thames Valley (Swindon), and the North (Preston & Newcastle), along with a group specialising in Microsoft applications. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network. About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for an additional HR Partner to join the UK CIC HR team during an exciting time in IBM’s transformation and our people strategy. The role provides enormous opportunity to help shape HR policies and processes for this rapidly growing part of IBM.
The HR Partner provides dedicated HR support to line managers and employees and will help drive and be responsible for the local implementation of HR strategy. Pro-actively providing HR solutions to address business challenges relating to talent and performance management, leadership and management development and helping to drive a culture of high performance.
The successful candidate will:
- engage with Line Managers across several CIC UK centres to build strong working relationships to support them in addressing people issues and providing sound practical HR advice and guidance across the full employee life cycle including career development, promotions, performance management, absences, sickness and disciplinary issues (to name just a few examples),
- provide a positive manager experience and have responsibility for successful case resolution
- support the Head of HR to create, maintain and update CIC HR policies and processes as well as ensuring efficient, consistent and fair implementation of those policies and processes,
- lead implementation and ongoing delivery of agreed projects and activities (e.g. compensation equal pay reviews, inclusion initiatives etc),
If you are looking to develop your career in a friendly and upbeat working environment, adaptable and resilient to change then IBM Client Innovation Centre UK is an excellent place to take this step.The following characteristics are important in our employees:
- Passion – to make a difference
- Collaboration – because we accomplish more when we work together
- Exploration – openness to explore new places, ideas, and technologies
- Insightfulness – it is important to understand things from different viewpoints
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Previous HR generalist experience ideally as an HR Partner
- Relationship management: strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to influence and interact well at all levels across the organisation. Show a sense of urgency and also tenacity to be strong in challenging situations
- Business acumen: ability to understand and interpret HR policies and programmes. Have an understanding of the business and key strategic priorities to ensure appropriate advice and counsel is provided. Broad and effective network across HR disciplines
- Strong organisational and planning skills: demonstrated flexibility in an agile environment, a pragmatic approach with a can-do attitude
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop their generalist HR skills and expertise as you will help provide comprehensive HR support and advice across all aspects of the employee life cycle. The role will cover more than one centre location and skills capability so the ability to work across different skill areas and different geographical locations of the business will be to your advantage.
Preferred Education: CIPD
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.