Reporting to the Audit and Accounts Senior or Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with audit jobs for clients both in house and out of the office, as well as the preparation of year end accounts and preparation of tax returns. You will continue studying for the relevant professional qualification with a view to becoming a qualified accountant.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with and on audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- To review work of junior team members
- Producing audit files for review
- Preparation of draft documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Assists with drafting or pre audit letter and updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of audit commitment.
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of small clients.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provide them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- Highlights any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommends action to client to improve matters.
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- To look after associated departmental administration.
- To complete the ACA/AAT qualification
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- To demonstrate the ability to use initiative as well as develop an understanding of when to ask questions
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
- The ability to assist with junior team members