Vacancy Reference: 18229
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Scientific Officerfor the Hillsborough area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday + some weekends, consisting of 37 hours per week, flexi time with an hourly rate of £8.21 This vacancy is expected to last for 4 months with possibility of extension.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organising and research trials on a pig farm in Co. Fermanagh
- Duties will include weighing and tagging pigs, recording feed intakes and data extraction from feeding systems, measuring back fat and assessing body condition of sows. Data collation on Microsoft Excel
- Assistance with general husbandry activities on the AFBI research farm, to include feeding, cleaning, power washing
- Assisting AFBI Pig Unit staff with activities associated with AFBI Pig Unit research projects. Duties would include assistance with sampling animals, data collection and recording
- The above are indicative duties and the officer would be required to carry out other task as appropriate for the grade and agreed with management
- Workers must be prepared for heavy manual work in a hot environment
- Experience of working with large animals on a commercial farm
- Experience of working with pigs would be desirable
- Experience of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Full driving licence. A car will be provided for travel from AFBI Hillsborough to the external farm
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of£18.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.