Remuneration is £14.5k pa including Chair of the Audit Committee, for a minimum of 3 days per month (formal & informal time) for Board & other meetings. Board meetings are currently held monthly. The meetings are held in Canterbury (journey time from St Pancras to Canterbury is approx. 56 minutes).
- The Trust has established 2gether Support Solutions as a social enterprise principled limited company so that core facilities and support services can continue to be operated successfully but with the added benefits that a private sector culture and approach can bring.
- 2gether Support Solutions is an employer of in excess of 1,100 staff, providing total facilities management services to East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (EKHUFT).
- 2gether has a turnover of currently £75m pa.
- The three areas of strategic priority are:
- Training and employment opportunities;
- Supply chain opportunities for local companies; and
- Social responsibilities and community engagement
- A key priority for 2gether in the coming year is the delivery of the social enterprise elements of the business and measuring the social impact in regard to their services, such as supply chain opportunities for local companies, training and employment opportunities for staff and engaging with the third sector.
Specific requirements are:
- Previously a Board Level Finance Director of a c£100m business.
- Commercially aware and qualified accountant.
- Previous experience of an Audit Committee (Chair experience beneficial).
- Good Risk and Corporate Governance credentials.
- Ideally a knowledge of healthcare.
- Understands the parent company interface.
- Uphold the standards of conduct set out in The Nolan Principles of Public Life.
- Sufficient time availability to commit to a minimum of 3 days per month.
Remuneration is £12k pa with a further £2.5k pa for the Chair of the Audit Committee. for a minimum of 3 days per month, formal & informal time for Board & other meetings.
Board meetings are currently held monthly at East Kent Hospital in Canterbury, plus other meetings.
Applying for the role:
Candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply for the role having first registered their CV with First Flight Non-Executive Directors (if they have not already done so there is no charge) by using our Apply for Role tab for role no: 1086 and completing the application form explaining how you match the key criteria that we have set out for the role.
PLEASE NOTE: client interviews are planned for 25th September and 2nd October in Canterbury.