- 48,796 P.A. ?
Apply for this job
Salary: Starting from £50,000, dependable on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Responsibility and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
CityFibre are embarking on the deployment of Fibre to the Home (FTTH) across twelve cities to 1 million homes by 2021.
A key member of the city leadership team the Delivery Manager leads the build and delivery of FTTH, FTTP and Metro network projects within a City. They will provide leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the Delivery Team and will have dotted line responsibility for members of the wider team. The role will ensure successful completion of the project to set milestones and ensuring KPI's such as time, cost and quality are being achieved.
The role is accountable for all things build from design acceptance to build data quality and accuracy.
Would suit a committed team player who excels in a broad role and is proven and adept at working across stretching and demanding timelines and has a passion for technology. This role also requires strong leadership across a virtual team, with proven expert technical knowledge, working and developing effectively across internal and external relationships. The Delivery Manager will be highly adept at prioritising competing demands with an intuitive sense for what is important can see the bigger picture, whilst being ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Vital to the success of our City Teams, is our commitment to meet and exceed customer commitments, both at an individual and team level. Fundamental to this is ensuring we hit these key metrics:
1. Health and Safety - compliance with health and safety procedures and policies across the board and ensure our contractors remain compliant.
2. Gated homes – How many homes we have issued and have an agreed & trackable plan for with our contractor to build per city; we’re focused on making the Gated homes number increase each week, each month, each quarter and every year.
3. RFS (ready for service) homes released to our partners. By driving productivity and quality within our teams and suppliers, we’re focused on making these accelerate each week, each month, each quarter and for the year.
4. Other major projects – ensuring these land on time, with the required quality and to budget.
Combined, these are the critical success factors for our City Teams, which deliver our commercial success and our customer commitments.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• A champion of Quality and H&S, promoting and managing excellence in SHEQ practices across CityFibre and its contractors, to ensure high standards are maintained.
• Accountable for all build related data in SalesForce, GIS, DepotNet and any other relevant system
• Accountable for contractor delivery to time, cost and quality (SDU and MDU)
• Accountable for end to end delivery of the build in a city
• Act as Point of Contact for escalations for all matters contractual related and liaison into Procurement
• Run governance meetings to ensure ongoing control
• Deliver projects on time (as defined by the PMO) and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
• Direct management responsibility for the Construction management team and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
• Engagement with Central Design on build order and local information
• Ensure all completion documentation and As Built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and that it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
• Identify and deliver opportunities for cost saving synergies across the delivery team
• Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers (including mobilisation) and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI’s,technical specifications, cost targets and system usage are adhered to and met.
• Management of multiple work streams for deploying FTTH, FTTP and Metro network.
• Provide information to the PM to be able to monitor, report and escalate issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
• Own city budget and track spend to budget
• Own relationship with Highways in local council and work with City Manager on overall council engagement
• Responsibility as contractual Project Manager (or other equivalent title) in the operation of the Contract in place with all suppliers.
• Review Business connection pipeline for the city and working with the regional Service Operations team to identify the priorities.
• Through a close working relationship with Contract Management (Procurement) ensure the completion of KPI measurement and productivity metrics to a regular prescribe timetable and formal notification.
• Work with MDU team and MDU contractors to minimise number of LOC properties
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £20M.
• Strong telecoms/IT Service Management experience to a global client
• Effective leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
• Proven delivery management experience gained within a telecoms environment
• Established track record in delivering large multi-site client projects.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good examples and motivate others
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to executive level clients and stakeholders.
• Thorough understanding of contract management and report
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this job