We are looking for a highly motivated corporation tax assistant manager or manager to join our corporation tax compliance team, and provide assistance as needed on tax advisory projects in our Scott-Moncrieff, Glasgow office.
We would expect you to deal with all corporation tax compliance matters on a range of clients. More specifically this would include identification of tax sensitive expenditure and wider tax issues, liaising with clients to resolve queries, communicating with internal departments to ensure deadlines are met, and overseeing client portfolios to ensure HMRC deadlines are met.
• Manage a client portfolio with a high level of client responsibility and overseeing administrator’s portfolio
• Workflow management across team for own portfolio
• Dealing with all elements of client service with support from senior management for technical areas.
• Responsible for delivery of quality advice and be capable of dealing with ad hoc client issues
• Ensure high levels of communication are maintained with staff, senior management/partners and clients. This includes accessing and engaging with the wider tax compliance and advisory team in the Scottish and UK firm
• Supervise, allocate and review work of more junior members of the team in line with the people strategy
• Coach and mentor more junior members of staff, including support for their training and development, both formally and informally, in line with the people strategy
• Delegate work as appropriate to the rest of the team
• Comply with all departmental and Group wide processes
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
• Relevant previous experience required within professional services. Professional qualifications - either qualified/part qualified ( ATT/CTA, CA, ACCA).
• Work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Effective team working skills
• Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
• Accurate decision making
• Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
• Good client service skills
• IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of corporation tax software.
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Access to and support from a strong regional tax practice comprising experienced tax professionals; one of the largest in Scotland
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Excellent working environment
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
more details »