"Life is a maths equation. In order to gain the most, you have to know how to convert negatives into positives."
Are you able to see every individual student's strengths?
Do you have the resilience and passion to inspire students with challenging backgrounds and behavioural difficulties?
Can you be the hero to a student who needs one?
I am looking for a Maths teacher who also has experience working with SEN (special educational needs). I am looking for someone who can confidently fill the role in a SEHM (social-emotional mental health) school near Burgess Hill. Your role will include teaching mathematics to KS3 & KS4 students with behavioural difficulties and also helping them build key life skills to support them beyond school life. Are you ready for your next step in your career? Apply now!
Benefits with the School:
* Supported and valued by SLT
* Trial day during the interview stage
* Extensive induction programme
* Free onsite parking
* Working alongside the therapy team
* Excellent CPD via workshops
* Paid holiday
* Training in the administration of medicine
Benefits with Randstad:
* Career Advice
* Specialised 1:1 consultant available
* Advice and editing on your current CV
* Refer a friend benefits
* Great knowledge in the market to match you to your perfect role
* Free e-learning modules such as autism awareness, safeguarding, team teach and more!!!
* Confident to teach the national curriculum to KS3 & KS4
* Be responsible to enhance SEMH students development
* Be confident and capable of improving the literacy and numeracy skills of students
* Effectively utilise the teaching assistants in the classroom
* To implement all school policies
* Plan and develop lesson plans for all students
* Help any student to overcome their barriers to learning
* Working with teaching assistant to put into place E.H.C.P
* Management of lesson content, the classroom and support for students
* Observe students and work with their independent learning plans
* Keep students engaged and focused
* Create a fun learning environment
* Build good relationships with parents/carers and work together to support student
* Monitor pupils progress and set clear boundaries
* Make sure the classroom is health and safety enabled
* Encouraging learners to be more independent
* Demonstrating innovative new ways of teaching
Ideal candidates will have the following:
* Must have QTS/QTLS/PGCE qualification
* Must have Experience teaching Mathematics
* Must have teacher experienced in Mainstream or SEN Education
* Experience with ASD, SEMH, EBD and other behavioural difficulties
* Committed to safeguarding
* Adaptable to work with all ages from ages 9 - 16
* Keen willingness to learn and progress in your role
* Resilient and thick-skinned
* Self-confidence and initiative
This position is to start in Autumn 2019. Interviews will be held in July and August, if you are successful then you will be invited to the school in September 2019 to be observed teaching in the classroom. Do not hesitate to register your interest. To apply call Reece Noormohamed on 01293 527416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an array of exclusive positions on Sussex and Surrey for temporary and permanent contracts. If you are interested in working in an SEN setting then please send your updated CV to email@example.com
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: