- JOB ID: 55682BR
- Reading, United Kingdom
- Full time
Primark is looking for and experienced Payroll Associate to join a large, friendly team responsible for producing its UK Payrolls.
What the successful candidate will be doing:
- Preparation and verification of high volume payrolls for the organisation by keeping to set deadlines and procedures.
- Contributing towards the delivery of accurate payroll output and assisting with detailed payroll checking procedures to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Maintaining an allocation of stores by processing information received from People and Culture teams and providing an excellent service to all our customers.
- Learning and applying HMRC legislation and Primark rules on calculating and entering Company & Statutory payments.
- Administration of new starters and leavers including processing starter declarations and P45 forms.
- Dealing with correspondence enquiries in a timely and efficient manner from Stores, HMRC and other third parties.
- Processing Attachment of Earnings orders.
- Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement.
- Administering pension deductions and assisting with pension correspondence and queries.
- Calculating manual payments and repayments where required by applying tax rules.
- Assisting in the production of payslips and other documents on a four-weekly basis.
- Administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting.
- Writing and producing reports using a reporting system and using MS Excel and Word to carry out day to day duties.
- Learning new tasks associated with payroll processing and systems with a view to role development.
- In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team (for example, international payroll support and the uploading of data into the payroll system).
What Primark is looking for in a candidate:
- At least 1-2 years previous experience in a payroll position is essential .
- Successful candidates will possess 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), be accurate and flexible and be comfortable working in a busy environment.
The ideal individual will be:
- A competent team player with a positive attitude.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Motivated by ensuring high standards of performance and quality of work achieved.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining accuracy.