Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting additional staff to work as secondary school cover supervisors in the Brighton area
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Whilst experience working with secondary aged children isn't a requirement, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- The ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for secondary aged pupils
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
If you do already have experience working as a cover supervisor and hold a relevant UK equivalent degree or higher, you may be eligible for Teaching Personnel's enhanced cover supervisor pay rate as part of our 'Cover Grade' Scheme. We are particularly interested in applications from candidates looking for a future career in Teaching. If you would like to find out more about the work we have available, please email your CV and call 01273 862 430
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£14,400 per annum
more details »