*Please note* We are flexible with this roles primary work location and will accept applications for candidates who can work from our sites in; Darmstadt, Livingston and Oradea.
****Purpose Statement: ****Responsible for devising plans which sell solutions to Plexus business development targets. This position will be responsible for meeting business development revenue goals for sector or regional accounts. Gain business by utilizing professional sales techniques. Focus on a base of assigned target accounts that fit the Plexus customer profile and utilize time management skills to apply effort to the appropriate accounts.
****Key Job Accountabilities:****
* Fill Plexus' opportunity funnel by identifying and validating profitable business opportunities on Plexus' behalf. Manage priorities to ensure new opportunities receive adequate attention. * Secure and Protect profitable business opportunities on Plexus' behalf. Utilize active listening skills to determine customer's real needs, wants and likes, then fashion and present a Plexus solution that results in new or increased revenue. * Build consensus by influencing Plexus cross-functional operational teams to assist in booking business. Gather and provide guidance to the pricing team, to ensure higher win rate. * Act as a Subject Matter Expert in an assigned sector(s) to develop deep consultative credibility in the eyes of our target accounts. * Represent Plexus Corp in a professional manner and build relationships with key customer decision makers. * Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
* Work with the business development staff to follow-up on all leads in a timely manner. * Utilize the CRM tool to record and communicate sales activities. * Report on high-level opportunities. * Support the day-to-day needs of the potential customers. * Attain adequate training to become and remain a "technical" sales professional. * Support trade shows as required. * Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 50%). * Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; post-graduate coursework or a Master's degree is preferred. * Eight (8) years of related experience is required; Five (5) or more years of equivalent industry experience is preferred. * Experience in an electronics or engineering design environment preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* The individual must maintain objectivity and possess proactive problem solving skills, along with the ability to make timely and effective recommendations to resolve problems as they arise. * Requires proven ability to influence others, possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills and other Leadership Competencies as defined by the company. * The employee must be self-motivated with the ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision. * General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
**This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.__
*Plexus is a global organization, whose headquarters are located in the United States and whose services are offered through its international affiliates. In order to meet the needs of its Customers, many of which are also international organizations, Plexus operates under a matrix organizational structure whereby employees are expected to interact with colleagues, managers and senior leadership in any of our international locations. Therefore, although the position described herein is offered by Plexus Corp (UK) Limited, the services of the employee are rendered in a global or group-wide context.*
*For additional information on Plexus' international locations, please visit*_https://www.plexus.com/en-us/about/locations__._