Overall purpose of job:
- Responsible for new business acquisition, primarily from the Aerospace sector, but also from other sectors including Rail and Automotive.
- Work as part of the Luxfer Supeform global sales team to leverage global customer opportunities.
- Accountable for supporting and developing business strategies to support revenue and margin growth, through business win and innovation, in line with our strategic plans.
- Responsible for the full product life cycle, enquiry/quote, order, NPI Launch, SOP, annual price negotiations and escalation.
- To negotiate and implement customer contracts to support the business win process, MFA, SLA, PT&C, NDA, etc.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key clients to sustain long term customer partnerships
- Research prospective customers in target markets, pursue leads and follow through to successfully closing commercial contracts. To be the primary interface on all customer commercial activities and negotiations
- Become a sector expert in Auto, Rail and Aero, as required to support the identified market opportunities.
- Understand the targets markets, prospective clients and develop appropriate business win strategies.
- Keep up to date with market intelligence in the Automotive, Aerospace and Rail sectors
- Develop a strong understanding of our products, processes and value proposition and convey this to the market place.
- To develop internal cost calculations and customer quotes for new business opportunities.
- Active participation in sales forecasts, business planning and strategy reviews
- To provide commercial support to the NPI team on customer projects and ECRs Engineering Change Requests.
- To support customer technical discussions, as required, in the pursuit of new business.
- To work collaboratively with the design and technical department to support new/existing business.
- Conduct market research and develop the internal sales and marketing strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate competitors' products, including relevant sales and marketing data.
- Manage the quote log, customer feedback and market intelligence
- Represent Luxfer Superform at major industry events, conferences, trade shows and exhibitions
- A self-starter with the confidence and authority to step into new environments and explore and assess new business potential.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with key decision makers
- Will possess excellent presentation and negotiating skills.
- Highly numerate and analytical with the ability to convey key information clearly
- Results focused with a proven track record of delivering high value, long lead time projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A solution focused approach to problem solving.
- A team-player who will support where needed with ownership and accountability for their own input and output
- Ideally degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, minimum HNC
- Additional qualification in a business-related discipline including Sales & Marketing
- Minimum 5 years sales experience managing large global OEM accounts in the Aerospace sector, gained as a tier One / Two supplier, plus relevant sector experience from Auto and Rail sectors.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering high value contracts with major clients
- An accomplished negotiator on large OEM contracts across multiple sectors
- A strong technical aptitude and background in manufacturing, ideally with metal components and assemblies
- A second language would be preferred but not essential
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Expectation is for 50% of time at customers
- Travel required within the UK and internationally
- UK right to work + UK driving license