Position: Performance Marketing Manager
Reporting: Global Head of Digital
Location Base: London, UK
The Global Touring team inspires people through life-changing travel experiences. Global Touring continues to grow rapidly, with our key brands Topdeck and Back-Roads expanding in 2017 through diversifying our product range, growing our key sales markets, innovating our product delivery and ensuring a positive customer experience that is unique to each brand.
With a shared service mechanic in certain departments where a common service or platform is required, our 'one best way' approach is consistent and effective in supporting the specific strategy within each business. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values... if this sounds like you then keep reading!
As Performance Marketing Manager, you will manage the planning, implementation, measurement and optimization of our paid media and affiliate marketing channels and activities for the Topdeck and Backroads brands globally.
We are looking for a data-driven paid media expert to oversee our performance marketing across paid search, paid social, display/programmatic and affiliate channels to achieve ROAS targets. This role reports to the Global Head of Digital and will manage 1 x digital marketing executive, who is based in Brisbane. Our SEO strategist will have a dotted line into this role.
- Responsible for the planning, creation, execution, reporting and optimisation of our paid media campaigns and always-on activities, including paid search, paid social, display, programmatic and affiliate channels.
- Work with our global digital media agency to translate campaign briefs and business objectives into data-driven and targeted paid media plans for execution across our APAC, US and UK markets.
- Drive always-on marketing activity across our paid search, paid social, display/programmatic channels
- Manage our affiliate programme to drive acquisition and conversion results.
- Work hand-in-hand with Marketing Manager and Executives to ensure brand-specific global marketing strategies and requirements are reflected through our approach to paid media and affiliate marketing.
- Work collaboratively with our Social & PR Manager and SEO Strategist to ensure we plan content and execute tactics, using a cohesive and consistent approach across paid and organic activity.
- Manage our global paid media budget for both brands, using data and insights, to determine splits across markets, media and audience segments and ensuring spend and ROAS is within the agreed monthly budgets.
- Measure, analyse and report the performance of paid media campaigns and always-on digital activities across all markets to track against acquisition, engagement and conversion KPIs, report actionable insights and deliver continuous optimisation.
- Create and share monthly performance reports with Global Head of Digital and Marketing Leadership Team.
- Work with Head of Digital and digital media agency to utilise and drive new measurement framework and data-driven attribution model, working to educate stakeholders of its purpose and value across the business.
- Monitor and research industry-wide best practices applied by competitors and comparators and identify opportunities for testing and innovative approaches to our digital campaigns.
- Oversee and approve all global digital campaigns and media plans to ensure proposed deliverables and approach align with the brand objectives, budget and deadlines.
- Manage our Brisbane-based Digital Marketing Executive to ensure APAC campaigns and always-on activities are executed on time, on brief and on budget and are continuously optimised to maximise performance.
- Manage our global digital media agency to ensure International (primarily US, CA, UK, ZA) campaigns and always-on activities are executed on time, on brief and on budget and are continuously optimised to maximise performance.
- Ensure that the agency is armed with suitable content and creative for campaigns and digital media through the timely planning and sharing of content and creative briefs and requirements with the creative team.
- Drive and enable the testing and optimisation of tactics and media across channels with clear hypotheses and success criteria attached to determine ROI.
- Deliver a monthly marketing and campaign performance report to Global Marketing Leadership team, including detailed channel-based reports, data-driven insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support and collaborate with our SEO Strategist to drive the growth and conversion of our organic search traffic for both brands, applying a holistic approach to organic and paid search activity.
- Collaborate with our Social & PR Manager and marketing executives to drive the growth and engagement of our social communities for both brands, applying a holistic approach to organic and paid social activity.
- Manage, coach and mentor our Digital Marketing Executive based in Brisbane to ensure responsibilities and priorities are clear, providing guidance on campaigns and tactics and ensuring the Sydney-based agency team is effectively managed to drive effective results.
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Degree in marketing, economics or a related field
- 4+ years experience in paid media and performance marketing
- Data-driven and creative mindset with experience in identifying target audiences and devising global and multi-channel digital campaigns that acquire, engage and convert.
- Hands-on experience with development and optimisation of international paid media campaigns, including advanced targeting, precision advertising, building audiences and bid strategies across Google Ads, paid social, display, programmatic platforms to drive high ROI.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Ads, Doubleclick Search, Facebook's advertising partners platform.
- Experience in SEO.
- Affiliate marketing experience
- Strong analytical skills with experience of working with complex datasets and high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and pivot tables.
- Team Management experience
- Budget-management experience
- Flexibility to work across Global Timezones as required
- Ability to own a plan, ensure its smooth delivery and keep an eye on all the detail
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!