About OPEN Health OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our three specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
- OPEN Health Medical Communications (previously Succinct and now including US-based Peloton Advantage)
- OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications (previously The EarthWorks, Reynolds MacKenzie & LEC)
- OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence (previously pH Associates, Harvey Walsh, & OPEN Access Consulting)
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.
About OPEN Health Medical Communications Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- Have a strong scientific background and can communicate complex scientific ideas in an accurate and innovative way
- Are a proactive and confident individual looking for a dynamic role involving face-to-face interaction with clients and scientific experts
- Would like to work on a meetings based account, involving travel
You will be a success if you:
- Can quickly pick up on new therapy areas and disseminate information in a clear and accurate manner
- Can work under pressure, independently and as part of a team, and deliver high-quality work
- Demonstrate the ability to interact appropriately with key experts, negotiate on content and make constructive suggestions
As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop written materials that are of high quality, scientifically accurate, clear, fully referenced, appropriate to the target audience, meets the client’s communication objectives and conforms to client specifications; this includes interacting with key experts, negotiating on content and making constructive suggestions on content
- Develop a broad range of materials including meeting materials (e.g. slides, agendas, discussions guides), post-meeting activities (e.g. webcasts, reports), as well as attending meetings, workshops and advisory boards. Other materials include newsletters, training materials and publications
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and key experts
- Research medical and scientific topics using relevant information sources
- Develop and maintain knowledge in relevant therapy areas including drug mechanisms of action, disease state, treatment guidelines and competitive landscape
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), including updating of project files, following sign-off procedures and version-control conventions
- Provide support to accounts team and attend meetings as required, including internal kick-off meetings, status meetings and client calls
- Identify and anticipate any problems or resource limitations that could jeopardise the delivery of your projects on-time, on-budget or with sufficient quality
- Provide content support for new business opportunities, such as proposals and presentations
- Nurture client relationships and be aware of opportunities to develop and grow business
What you’ll bring:
- Graduate in life sciences (ideally biomedical), higher degree (PhD) preferred
- Previous medical writing experience in a medical communications agency (>1 year) preferred but not essential
- Oncology experience preferred but not essential
- Able to travel
- Excellent powerpoint skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Flexible, ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes