Reporting to the Managers, you will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of year end accounts; preparation of tax returns and providing business advice to clients. You will continue studying for the relevant professional experience with a view to becoming a qualified accountant.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Assists with drafting updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of audit commitment.
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of small clients.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provide them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- Highlights any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommends action to client to improve matters.
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- To look after associated departmental administration.
- To complete the ACA qualification
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Part qualified at either AAT/ACA/ACCA
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
- The ability to assist with junior team members
- To demonstrate the ability to use initiative as well as develop an understanding of when to ask questions