Ireland’s largest hospital. Europe’s most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
About the role
As part of a successful and growing Process Engineering department, you’ll provide direct support to the Associate Engineer whilst joining a team that’s been delivering industry leading design solutions for decades. Your organisational and communication skills will help you interact with internal and external contacts to deliver projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You’ll also work closely with the Senior Engineer's, playing an integral role in the driving of quality standards and the development of the team as a whole.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This role is for an EC&I Engineer to join the EC&I Engineering team at BakerHicks. The candidate will be expected to be ambitious and motivated, actively pursuing Chartership, and to have already developed strong technical skills in a design or operational environment.
The candidate will be a key member of the project delivery teams for a range of challenging projects of significant scale and complexity. The candidates primary role will be to generate EC&I designs and specifications as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
* To produce the suite of EC&I design deliverables to process plant projects across a range of highly regulated industries to ensure functionality and safety
* To effectively contribute towards and lead EC&I packages of work as part of multi-discipline projects
* To work closely with Clients to fully meet their requirements and develop repeat work through excellent performance and quality
* To develop EC&I knowledge and skills to be an in-house technical expert through experience and learning, supported by formal training
* Masters degree in Electrical/Electronic (or similar) Engineering
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
* Company car or cash allowance
* Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
* Life assurance scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
* Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
* Family friendly policies
* Employee assistance
* Professional development
We are conveniently located in Salford Quays, at Anchorage 2 Manchester, M50 3YW just off the A5063 Trafford Road about 0.7 miles of M602 and 0.6 miles from A57