Hobson Prior are seeking a Staff Engineer – Product Development to join a top medical technology company, who are determined to make healthcare better by delivering pioneering products and services within a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Model and detail implant and instrument designs utilizing Siemens NX design software.
- Accountable to review design control efforts of junior engineers.
- Review design and analysis efforts of junior engineers.
- Utilize design controls within the Patient Specific Prostheses Design Control Process.
- Demonstrate expertise with aspects of the surgical procedure in order to develop innovative solutions to solve / satisfy customer needs.
- Manage the workflow and product of engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
- Demonstrate superior technical protocol and report writing skills.
- Work on cross-functional design teams to develop new PS products, address design issues, and maintain existing designs.
- Interface with clinical advisors to gather input for design and evaluation of new products.
- Partner with Operations teams in relations to Process Validation, Gauge Design & Inspection, Inspection Methodology and DFM.
- Manage the design control creation through the Patient Specific Prostheses Design Control Process.
- Co-operate with Design Assurance, Regulatory affairs and other functional counterparts to ensure project plans adhere to agreed upon timelines and are within the scope of the Patient Specific Prostheses Design Control Process.
- Recognise design/performance requirements for orthopaedic implant/instrumentation systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of product design experience in orthopaedics or the medical device industry
- Demonstrated experience with a parametric CAD design package (preferably Siemens NX).
- Demonstrated understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and its application.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral).
- Previous experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Previous experience in the function, clinical issues and performance requirements of orthopaedic implants.
- Previous experience in design controls and risk management within a regulated industry.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.