Consultant/Senior Geo-environmental or Geotechnical Engineer
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Geosciences team within RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, house-builders, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing developments, landfills and commercial warehouses.
RSK is currently recruiting for a Consultant or Senior Geo-environmental or Geotechnical Engineer to join our well-established and experienced Geosciences consultancy team in our Tonbridge office in Kent. RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
Geo-environmental or Geotechnical Engineer – Tonbridge, Kent (Consultant or Senior)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all elements of projects in the southeast of England (but could be in other areas of the UK) as directed by the Team Leader or other project staff. Good communication is required to inform/liaise with other project staff and the client with updates and any issues raised. More specifically you will be:
* Supporting and/or Managing a variety of geo-environmental and geotechnical projects for both external clients and for other teams within RSK;
* Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects and controlling project costs;
* Overseeing ground investigations;
* Soil and rock logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
* Knowledge of geotechnical and contaminated land issues;
* Preparing and checking technical notes, drawings and geotechnical and geo-environmental reports;
* Prepare proposals and tenders and contribute to business development activity;
* Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed).
In addition, you may be required to:
* Mentor and support new team members as appropriate, providing guardianship and imparting your knowledge and expertise to less experience employees;
* Establish and develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients, which is integral to the growth of the Geosciences department in Kent and the wider business;
* Provide technical leadership in the day to day delivery of projects.
These particular roles would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
* BEng or BSc or equivalent in Geology / Engineering Geology or similar;
* Typically a further degree;
* Chartered Engineer/Geologist with a relevant professional body or working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution (e.g. CGeol, CEng, RoGEP);
* Typically requires at least 2-3 years specific relevant experience;
* A thorough understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land, engineering geology and geotechnical engineering;
* A thorough understanding of remediation techniques, RMS, and validation
* Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments;
* Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
* Provide strong technical leadership and mentoring skills to junior staff;
* Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
* £Commensurate with experience;
* Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Free life assurance cover;
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care;
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
For more information please contact Nikita Soni, HR Business Partner at NSoni@rsk.co.uk or 07741 726 422